Home School Pre-K Layout with Process Video

 Hi!

Last year, I started a new adventure with my daughter, home schooling. I always teach them stuff before going to school, but this was different. I bought the Abeka books for Pre-K and made a schedule to work with her from Monday through Thursday. It was a learning process for both of us, but it was wonderful and I made this layout to document this first day of home schooling. I invite you to stay with me during this post to learn how I made this layout, and you can check out the process video at the end of the post.

The papers and most of the embellishments used in this layout are from Photo Play Recess collection. This collection is very happy and playful, perfect to document the first school years of kids. After choosing my photos, I decided which papers I wanted to use in order to make the photos stand out. 


I started by matting the photos with a yellow patterned paper from the collection. Since it is a busy paper, I only left a small border around the photos. You can see in the video that I added the photos, but then I flipped them. I did that because I wanted to have the picture where she has the pencil in the air to the left. Then, I used a red and black paper to add more layers (dimension) and interest to the photos. For additional texture, I distressed the edges of the papers. 


Now that the center part of the layout was ready. I added two strips of paper with stars and color lines to the top and bottom of the layout. They have different widths, the ones on top are wider than the strips on the bottom. I did that to add a little cluster on the bottom. To the top area, I added a felt loop border. I can't remember who manufactured this ribbon, as I've had them in my stash for many years. Adding it to the layout was a little tricky, I used glue dots but then, after finishing the layout, it came off, so I added liquid adhesive and it works perfectly. In the photo area, you can see two photo corners that I made using a WRMK punch and a piece of the striped papers.


In the next photo you can see the little cluster I made on the bottom stripes, using stickers from the collection, a circle from Me and My Big Ideas (Mambi), and some Nuvo Drops in Midnight Blue, Dandelion Yellow, and Red Berry.


Once the background was ready, I started embellishing the layout. For that, I used stickers and die cuts from the collection and added some red glitter chipboard pieces from a Mambi school stickers pack I bought some time ago. You can find one red glitter piece in each of the clusters. 


For the journaling, I used a die cut piece from Simple Stories School Life and stamped the date using an American Crafts stamp and Tsukineko Staz-On ink. 


For the title, I used a sticker from the collection for the "school" word. The "home" word was made using American Crafts Thickers and the "pre-k" using alphas from Pinkfresh Studio. 


To make this colorful layout more special, I added foam adhesive in some of the embellishments. This helps to add dimension to the page, making it more interesting. This was a fun and happy layout to make. I enjoy it so much and love the result.


You can see the process video of this layout here:


Thanks for your visit and for staying with me during this post. I hope you like this layout as much as I do and it inspires you to craft. Have a wonderful day!



No comments