Our Story Layout with Process Video

 Hi!

Two weeks ago, my husband and I celebrated our 18 anniversary and I decided to make a layout with a selfie we took that day. It is not the best photo, but it's the only one in portrait that I can use in this layout without covering the cut file. This layout took me some time because I made a shaker in the title, used a cut file that I backed with different papers, fuzzy cut a lot of flowers and did some mixed media in the background. If you want to know all the details, stay with me during this post and check the photos and process video.

I started this layout by selecting the cut file. I wanted one with a heart to create a shaker and this one from Cut To You was perfect for that. For the shaker I used gold and clear glitters and gold micro beads. Then, I backed the rest of the cut file using patterned paper from Pink Fresh Studio Happy Bloom collection. 



Once the title was ready, I continued with the cut file, backing the books. All the papers and embellishments used are from the Happy Bloom collection. When the cut files were ready, I did the mixed media on the white cardstock. For that, I prepared the cardstock with clear gesso and let it dry. I used Shimmerz Lapis Dance (blue), Miner, Miner 49 er (gold) and white acrylic paint to create the background.


I let the background dry and then added the cut files to the cardstock. The title was added with foam tape for dimension. The photo was matted with vellum and a piece of patterned paper, both pieces were distressed for texture. To be able to add embellishments easily behind the photo, I added it with foam tape. This will give it dimension and will help the photo stand out in this busy layout. After that, I added the subtitle to the cut file. I used the tiny alphabet from the collection and white foam Thickers with a shimmer finish for the numbers, to add emphasis to the years we've been married.


At this point, the layout is almost done, but I wanted to add some embellishments. For that, I fuzzy cut the flowers and leaves from one of the papers and a few butterflies from other papers and used them to embellish the layout. You can see in the photos and in the video that I added some behind the cut file and photo and others on top and used liquid adhesive and foam tape to add them.

I created three clusters in the layout, the biggest one is in the photo. Also, I added two labels from the die cuts and a few white metallic sequins.


The journaling was printed, then I cut it in thin strips and added it using liquid adhesive.




At the end, I reduced the white cardstock to 11 1/2" x 11 1/2" and used a pink frame to matted it. Then, I stitched a white border using the sewing machine.

This is the process video of the layout, without the shaker part. I didn't add it because the video was already long, but you can find the tutorial of the shaker below, and you can choose it in English or Spanish:


 Shaker English Version


Shaker Spanish Version


Thank you for staying with me during this post, I know it is very long but I wanted to describe the whole process. I hope you like this layout as much as I do and it inspires you  to craft!

No comments