Sunshine Days Layout

 Hi!

I'm back in the blog today with a summer layout I made using the gorgeous Sunkissed collection by Cocoa Vanilla Studio, a cut file from Peartree Cutfile, some mixed media and lots of fuzzy cutting. I love so much how this layout turned out. It is happy and shout summer! This layout was featured in the Summer issue of Scrapbook and Cards Today Magazine, on page 65. Remember you can download the digital version of the magazine for free or you can subscribe to the printed version. The photos are from me and my daughter at the Villa Pesquera Beach in Isabela, Puerto Rico. The place is amazing, and it was a wonderful day at my hometown! 

For this layout I was inspired by the Sunkissed collection. As I have mentioned many times before, I'm a fan of Cocoa Vanilla Studio. This is their latest collection and I received it by mail a few days ago. The first thing I did was fuzzy cut one of the floral papers. I love fuzzy cutting and I did that to have everything ready for when I sit to scrapbook. Then, I selected the cut file and photos for this layout.



I prep the white cardstock using clear gesso. When the gesso was dry, I added color using an old mist from Tattered Angel in Turquoise Blue. I love this color, is so vibrant. I don't know if they are still in the market, but their mist are so good.  They give a good coverage with just a few spritz. While the paint was drying, I started backing the cut file using papers from Sunkissed. And to use some sequins and to make the title prettier, I made a shaker in the sun. I used sequins, glitters and micro beads, many of them from Michael's and Target.


I enjoy making shakers and adding them to my projects. They are always a fun element and make the projects more interactive and beautiful!


With the background  and the title ready, I started to add everything to the layout. First I added the title to the layout using foam adhesive. Then, I added the torn papers to the bottom and matted the photos using a wood grain paper from the collection, and position them on the side of the sun, I little bit tilted for more interest.  After that, I embellished the layout using the flowers I previously fuzzy cut from the paper. 


I added flowers on top of the photos and under the title. Some were added with liquid adhesive, others with foam adhesive. I made this to give them some dimension and to make them more interesting. Then, to create a visual triangle, I decided to add a few more flowers to the top edge of the layout.


After arranging the flowers clusters, I added a few more embellishments and textures like the wood buttons, puffy hearts, die cuts and clear stickers, all from the collection. Then, the last detail was adding a few Nuvo Drops in Morning Dew to mimic water drops in the page, especially near the title and photos area.


Thanks for your visit and for staying with me during this post. I hope you like and enjoy this layout as much as I do. Have a wonderful day!










No comments