Goofin' Off Layout

 Hi!

Hope you are having a wonderful day! Today I'm sharing layout #11 from Allison Davis class using 6" x 6" paper pads to create 12" x 12" layouts. When I saw this sketch, I immediately thought about "Disney", so I decided to stay very close to the original design because I love it and following it will help me finish the layout faster. One of the changes I made was matting the layout in the blue paper. I like to do this to give the page a more elegant look and to help it look more interesting. As mentioned in previous posts, I can't share with you the original sketch because it is a paid class, but I can share my interpretation of it, so here it is.

For this layout, I used papers from different Echo Park 6" x 6" pads, but the majority are from A Magical Place. I matted the photos using white cardstock and added a blue border strip at the top and bottom of the photos to create the impression that they were matted in the paper. 

The stripes in the three clusters were distressed for texture, as well as the big stars. To give dimension to the layout, the big stars were added with foam tape and a black or white pen was used to give them a stitched look. When I had everything added to the layout, I machine stitched a border around it using black thread. Then, I added  a few small stars punched in solid colors and some Nuvo Drops in black, red, and blue.

For the title, I used foam Thickers from American Crafts. They are silver with a shimmering finish and since I had no "o" available, I fixed the "Q" in the pack to used them as "O's". I'm happy I was able to manage the alphas to use them in this layout because the font works perfectly with the Goofy theme.

As you can see, this is a simple layout, but I love that it holds many photos without looking so overwhelmed. Now I'm a little closer to catch up with the class; only five more this week and I'll be ready for next Monday. Thanks for your visit, I hope you like this layout and it inspires you to craft. Come back soon, I have another layout to share with you tomorrow!



No comments