My Blessing From Heaven Layout with Process Video

 Hi!

This year I started a class with Allison Davis that consists on making layouts using a sketches she designed for 6" x 6" paper pads. Since this is a paid class, I can't share with you the original sketch but I can share my interpretation of it. The class is currently in week 13, and today I'm sharing with you my layout of week 9. As you can see, I'm still four weeks behind, so I'll be doing my best to catch up soon. Anyway, let's talk about this layout. Don't forget to check the process video at the end of this post!

The idea of this layout was to use 1" squares of papers to create a quilt look. I decided to use photos of my daughter when she was a baby and papers from Echo Park Bundle of Joy, Bundle of Joy a New Addition, and Sweet Baby Girl collections. I've had these collections in my stash for a few years, they are old, but babies' papers are always very similar, specially if they are from the same company. 


After choosing the background paper, I cut thirty 1" squares of paper from the 6" x 6" pad of Bundle of Joy New Addition. Then, I distressed the edges of all the squares. To maintain the design of the sketch very similar, I used a 4" x 6" in the quilt area, but reduced it to 3 1/2" x 5 1/2" to mat it in white cardstock and a pink chevron patterned paper. Also, I did some stitching on some of the squares, but instead of hand stitch, I machine stitched them.


The sketch suggested a border to the left of the quilt, but I decided to used a sticker border from the collection that I cut in half to make it 1/4" width and added another sticker border in pink with scallops to add more interest and make it more feminine.


Once the background was ready, I started making two clusters using stickers from the same collections and from Crate Paper and Pebbles Inc. I used foam adhesive in many of them for dimension and interest. 


For the title, I used yellow stickers from Pink Paislee. They are very old so I'm glad I finally used them. I also, used Thickers in white with some Shimmerz and the little pink alphas are from Crate Paper.


Another texture added to the layout were the brads I used in the center of the mint flowers. I cut the legs of the brads and added foam adhesive behind them to make them flat, this way I don't have to perforate the flowers to attach them.  Then, I added a few enamel dots from Echo Park Paper, stamped the date and reduced the layout to 11 1/2" x 11 1/2" to mat it in white cardstock. After that, I machine stitched around the layout using white thread. This border was not in the sketch but I like how it looks and makes the layout more elegant and artistic.


Check the process video of the layout here and if you have any questions, just let me know. Don't forget to like the video and subscribe to my channel for more inspiration.


Thanks for your visit and for staying with me, I hope you like this layout and it inspires you to craft.



No comments