Hacienda Juanita Layout

 Hi!

It's been a long time since my last post. I was getting ready for this new school year. This will be my toddler's first time in a school since last year I home schooled her, but because the Covid-19 situation right now is not under control, they are going to start virtually. On the other hand, my teenager daughter went back to school since the change to virtual classes in March 2020. It's been really exciting for her to be able to meet with friends, make new ones and being in a classroom and school. Hopefully, everything goes well and I pray for God to bless all the students, teachers, and personel so they can continue having a more "normal" school experience. Anyways, here I am, trying to catch up with Allison Davis class using 6" x 6" paper pads to create 12" x 12" layouts.  The class is already in week 16 and today I'm sharing my version of week 10 layout. As you can see, I'm a little behind, but hopefully I can catch up this week. 

Since this is a paid class, I can't share with you the original sketch, but here is my interpretation of it. For this sketch, the design called for different strips of papers and two clusters in the upper left and bottom right of the papers. I made my layout using an old traveling collection by Echo Park named Go, See, Explore. I bought this collection on sale a few years ago in a Tuesday Moring, during one of our vacations at Florida and this is the first time I've used it. It makes me happy to use stuff I have for long time. This time I didn't use a 6" x 6" pad, but it's okay for me because at least I'm using things from my stash. 

The photos used are from a weekend getaway we had at Hacienda Juanita in Maricao, Puerto Rico, on February 2021. We had a great time and the place is amazing to enjoy nature and have some relaxing  time. 

To embellish the layout, I used die cuts from Elle's Studio and stickers from the same Echo Park collection. The title was made using puffy alphas from Pinkfresh Studio and American Crafts. To add more texture, I distressed the edges of the papers and used mini staples in the labels. For the clusters, I fussy cut luggage suitcases from one of the papers and added them to the layout using foam tape on some of them.

Another detail I added for texture and interest was the stitching. I did it using my sewing machine and white thread in some of the paper strips and a double border around the layout. I made it double for more interest since it is white thread on top of the white cardstock. At the end, I added black paint splatters in the clusters.

That's all for this layout, I hope you like how it turned out and it inspires you to craft. Thanks for your visit and come back soon, since I'll be sharing another layout tomorrow to catch up with the class.



No comments