You Are Sweet & Lovely Layout

 Hi!

Hope you are having a wonderful day! I couldn't scrapbook during the weekend since we were busy doing things at home, but here I'm catching up with Allison Davis' class using 6" x 6" paper pads to create 12" x 12" layouts. Today I'm sharing with you my version of the sketch #15, I'm very close to catching up with the class, only two more layouts since yesterday she presented sketch #17. I 'll be doing my best to finish them this week, before Friday, but now, let's talk about how I made this layout.

For this page, I used papers and embellishments from Cocoa Vanilla Studio Daydream collection. I used pieces from the 6" x 8" paper pad and some scraps from the 12" x 12" papers for the triangles. For the blue stripes, the blush/peach photo mat, and the doily border I used pieces of the 12" x 12" papers. As you can see, I'm trying to use the small paper pads, as well as the scraps since these designs are perfect for that.

Some of the things I changed from the original sketch, which I can't share with you because this is a paid class, are that I added one small photo to the design. Also, I added the doily borders and a few more embellishments, like the tab, hearts, rainbow and word stickers. Another thing different from the original design is that I used the sewing machine instead of hand stitching the layout.

Apart from that, I maintained the main design of the sketch. For dimension in the page, I used foam tape behind the words in the title and the months. The white alphas are from Elle's Studio, I added them to the layout for more texture and interest. 

The die cut words in the title are also from the collection but I used an X-Acto knife and scissor to reduce the white area on it. I prefer a thin border of white to make it look more elegant.

Since this layout is very busy with the triangles quilt look and all the patterns, I maintained the embellishments to a minimum, but as you can see the layout looks busy. It was a simple layout to create using the sketch and I enjoyed making it and love how it turned out because it looks feminine, elegant, and pretty. I hope you like it as much as I do and it inspires you to craft. Thanks for your visit to my blog and come back soon because I'm already working with sketch #16.



2 comments

  1. Ohhh, love it!
    You’re making me want to make more double spreads. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! This is a single page but a double can be added following the design!

      Delete