Fun and Happy Times Layout

 Hi!

How are you? It's been a month since the latest issue of Scrapbook and Cards Today Magazine was published, have you checked it out? It's amazing, full of beautiful ideas and great articles, and you can download the digital version for free, or subscribe and receive it by mail, then you can flip through the gorgeous pages! Ok, let's talk now about the double spread layout I had published in the Spring 2022 issue on page 66. 


I don't make a lot of double page layouts, but sometimes it is needed to tell a story with lots of great photos and this is what I did here. For the base of the pages I used white cardstock and added a few pieces of patterned paper from the Hey Hello! collection by Jen Hadfield for Pebbles Inc.

Here is a closer look at the left side layout which includes two photos.

Below you can see the right side layout which includes four photos.


Let's talk about the details on the left side layout. 


The title was made using a mix of alphabets. The "fun" and "and" word were made with Elle's Studio stickers and the "happy" word with a glitter Thicker by American Crafts. The gold hearts are from another Jen Hadfield collection, they are puffy and are so lovely. The butterfly and the hedgehog are stickers from from the Hey Hello! collection. Some of them were added with foam tape for dimension. You can also see the patterned papers used on the left side and they extend to the right side for continuity.
 

Also, on the left side layout top area you can find a piece of blue paper with birds and flowers, a strip of striped paper, and a yellow scallop border I made using a Stampin' Up edge punch. Then, I embellished this area using flowers, hearts stickers, and banners that I cut from the papers.


Now, let's talk about the right side layout.


This time, I printed the journaling in a tag that I cut from one of the papers of the collection. Then, I made a bow with black and white twine and embellished with hearts and a bee on the side. On the bottom area I added more stickers and one of the pre-made shakers of this collection.


On the left edge of the layout, I added a photo and a 3" x 4" card that I matted in a piece of plaid paper. I used a black pen to create a border around the pink card and a few stickers. You can also see in this photo the mint grid paper used on this page.


This is a closer view of some of the stickers in the card but also, some words stickers in the photos.


As in the left side page, I used the same patterned papers on the top of this page for continuity and balance.


The same papers and concept on the middle and bottom part of the layout.


Here is a closer view of the banners on the bottom part of the layout. I made them with pieces of patterned paper and embellished them with a phrase label and a puffy heart.


Thanks for your visit and for staying with me during this post. I hope you like and enjoy this layout as much as I do and it inspires you to craft.



No comments