Lovely Layout with Process Video I

Hi!

Do you  like to use sketches? Well, sometimes I do because they are a great tool to create a layout fast without over thinking. For this layout, I used the April exclusive sketch of My Creative Scrapbook designed by Laura Creates and the April Main Kit. When you see my layout you can see many elements of the sketch, but I made a few changes to adapt it to my style and the products in the kit. It was a quick layout that turned out very beautiful and I enjoyed creating it. Stay with me until the end to see the process video of how this layout came together!

First, take a look at the April sketch. It is a great design with the opportunity to use multiple photos.


As mentioned before, I changed a few things to adapt it to my style and the products. Instead of using four photos, I used three so I could incorporate the frame. To create the frame, I used an X-Acto knife to cut around the scallops in the paper and added it to a white cardstock using foam tape.

For the title, I moved it down a little because I don't like to cover the photos too much. This title is a die cut from the Pinkfresh pack included in the kit. Here, you can see that I cut the paper stripes a little wider that the sketch suggest. I did that to show more of the paper designs. To add texture to the layout, I distressed the borders of the papers.


To balance the design, I included a wood butterfly to the right side of the title.


On the top part of the layout, I added the tag and circle shape, as shown in the sketch. Something I changed is that I added a bow and changed the sun for a circle frame. Also, I added butterflies to embellish this area and gold paint splatters using Shimmerz Miner, Miner 49er.


In the sketch you can see a small heart on the left of the title, but I changed it to a bigger heart from the die cut pack and added the "happy day" phrase from the same package.


Another change is that I added the word "Beautiful" on the top part of the layout, using a die cut from the kit.


As you can see, I made a few changes and adapted the sketch design to create this layout. By using the sketch, I was able to create a beautiful page quickly. I invite you to use the sketch and share your creations on social media and don't forget to tag @mycreativescrapbookoffical.

If you want to see me creating this layout, check out the process video here:


Thanks for staying with me during this post. I hope you like and enjoy this layout as much as I do, and it inspires you to craft!

No comments