Springtime Layout with Process Video

Hi!

Hope you are having a wonderful day! Today I'm sharing with you one of those layouts that you create in your mind and it turns out like you imagined or even better. I have to tell you, I had so much fun creating this layout, and I'm in love with it. To create this page I used the April Main Kit of My Creative Scrapbook, which is gorgeous and a must have! Now, let's talk about the layout and don't miss the process video at the end of this post.



The idea for this layout started in my head, thinking of rolling the bottom edges of the color strips. For that, I used an X-Acto knife to cut a little bit around the strips, then using a wood stick to roll the paper. 



Since the paper looks like it was painted with watercolors, I went to the My Creative Scrapbook cut files gallery and found this beautiful floral paint brush. I cut it in white cardstock and backed it with papers from the kit. Then, I decorated the flowers with half pearls from my stash to make them look prettier as well as add more texture and dimension to the layout. For the silver part of the paint brush, I used a piece of cardstock from my stash to make it look more realistic. I tried to back the flowers in the same tone/color as the strips of paper to have a tone on tone look.


In the next photos you can have a better look of the flowers and the half pearls. You can also see the stitching in the middle of each strip of color using white thread. To help the photo stand out, I printed it with a white border and matted it with a piece of pink and yellow paper. The cut file was added using foam tape for dimension.



When the background paper, cut file, and photo were ready, I started to embellish the layout using flowers and butterflies I fussy cut from the papers. I made a cluster on the top corner of the photo. For interest, I added some of the flowers with foam tape, other with liquid adhesive and some with a mix of liquid adhesive and foam tape. I enjoy creating layers in my layouts!


Then, I added three butterflies to the layout using the tone on tone technique to maintain the balance of the layout. 


In the next photo, you can see the yellow butterfly that was fussy cut from one of the papers.


Now, let's take a look at the blue butterfly and a piece of blue chipboard in the blue area.


Here, you can see the pink butterfly on the pink stripes.


The title is one of the die cuts included in the kit. I added it using foam tape and placed it on the peach/orange are of the layout. Also, I added a peach piece of chipboard.


As a final detail to the layout, I did black paint splatters using acrylic paint diluted in water. The journaling was printed in white cardstock, cut in thin strips, and added to the layout with foam tape on the right side and liquid glue on the part that is on the photo.


In the next photos you can see more close ups of the layout and appreciate the texture, dimension, and details on this page, like the stitching, pearls, and rolled papers.


Here you can appreciate the paint splatters and the layers of flowers.


I love this layout, it's my favorite design with April's Main kit. It is colorful, but elegant, and the photo of my daughter works perfectly with this products and design!


If you want to watch me creating this layout, don't miss the process video here:


Thanks for your visit and for staying with me during this long post. I took a lot of photos of the page to help you appreciate all the details. I hope you like and enjoy this layout as much as I do and it inspires you to craft!

2 comments