Celebrate Christmas Layout with Process Video

 Hope you are having a wonderful day and this new year 2023 brings you lots of blessings and happy moments! 2022 was not an easy year, but the good things were more than the not-so-good, so I'm grateful for all those experiences and the fact that we are alive, healthy, and together as a family. This year, I want to take more time to craft and do the things I like, including share more process videos in my YouTube channel, so here is the first video of this year. This layout was designed for JustNick Studio using their beautiful Winter Floral Frame cut file. 

The papers and embellishments used in this layout are from Vicki Boutin's Evergreen and Holly and Warm Wishes collections. I started this layout by cutting the frame in white textured cardstock from American Crafts using my Silhouette Cameo. The settings I used are: Blade depth 4, Force 30, and Speed 2. Then, I backed it using patterned papers from the collections. Once I finished backing it, I stitched a white border around the frame using the sewing machine.

Since this cut file is big and busy, I only used one photo to help it stand out, but before adding it to the layout I created the background using a yellow paper, a black cardstock, and a text paper. To give the text paper more texture, I used a snowflake stencil and Distress Oxide in Patina to add a few touches around the photo area.


Then, I backed the photo using white cardstock and a kraft patterned paper. 


Behind the photo, I tucked two tags. One is from the die cut pack and the other was cut from one of the patterned papers. To give them more texture and a nice finish, I added crochet thread to them.


For the title, I used a puffy word from Warm Wishes Thicker pack and a label from Evergreen die cuts. The word "Christmas" was made using a puffy Thicker alphabet from Paige Evans and the "Family Photo" label is from Evergreen and Holly sticker book.


Behind the elements of the frame, I added a few pieces of foam tape to give them more dimension instead of being flat in the layout.


On the left side of the photo, I made a cluster using a few die cut pieces from Evergreen and Holly. I used foam tape in strategic areas of the die cuts to give them dimension and create layers in the scene.


Then, to finish the layout, I added a few golden Jewels from PinkFresh Studio.

This is all for this page. If you want to watch how I made this layout, check the process video here:


Thanks for your visit and for staying with me during this post. I hope you like and enjoy this video as much as I do. If this is the case, don't forget to subscribe to my channel for more inspiration!



No comments