Love Layout with Process Video

Hello! It's time for a new layout designed for JustNick Studio using their amazing cut files. This time, I made a lovely layout of me and my husband using a selfie we took a week ago when we went for lunch at a restaurant in the beach. This is a page with lots of texture and dimension that I enjoyed creating, and you can see how I made it in the video at the end of this post.

The cut files used in this layout are Rosette Bunch and Leaf Swag. I cut the rosette and a solid leaf swag out of white cardstock, but also cut a leaf swag from a green patterned paper. The papers used in this layout are all from Pinkfresh Studio Happy Heart collection. For the floral border, I used an X-Acto knife to cut around the frame. I used the inside part of this paper in other layout I made last year. To give it some dimension, I added the border using strong double-sided tape but added a few foam tape pieces below the flowers around the edge, so they don't look flat.

I backed the rosettes using a pink ombre paper from the collection and used foam tape to add it to the layout. To give the leaves a little bit of dimension, I pinched each one to create a crease on the center. They were added using liquid adhesive, as well as foam tape behind some of the leaves.


For additional texture, I used a Vicki Boutin folder and Distress Oxide in Speckled Egg. Then, used a few rub-ons from 49 and Market around the clusters for more interest and an additional touch.


For the title, I used a die cut word from the Pinkfresh collection. It is beautiful, with some details in gold foil. To enhance the photos, I matted them using a piece of yellow and blue patterned papers and distressed their edges. The journaling was printed in a piece of die cut. I just measured the card and created the text in Word. Then, I printed it in a piece of regular paper to verify it would fit on the card. Once it was ready, I adhered the card on top of the text and printed it again, this time on the die cut card.


In the photo below, you can take a closer look at all the textures from the stencil, die cuts, the frame, and everything I used in this layout.


Since this collection had some butterflies and I used a butterfly rub-on, I decided to use a few more around the layout. I had already cut them from a patterned paper, so I just grabbed the bag with them and selected three incomplete butterflies that I can fit behind some of the designs. This way nobody will notice they were incomplete.


As a final touch, I added a few enamel dots from Pinkfresh Happy Heart and some gold splatters using Shimmerz Miner, Miner 49er.


Let's check the process video here, I'm sure you are going to enjoy it and maybe learn something! Don't forget to like it and subscribe to my channel for more inspiration.


Thank you so much for your visit. This was a long post, I hope you like this layout and it inspires you to craft! 

No comments