Lovely Smile Layout

Hi! Last weekend I took some time to play with a sketch from Scrapbook and Card Today Magazine. It's a beautiful sketch and I made it using paper scraps from Full Bloom collection by Simple Stories. A few months ago, I made some layouts with this collection and had those paper strips already cut, so this sketch was perfect to use them. I love how pretty this collection is. The colors, flowers, and designs work so well together that it can be used for many themes. This time, I'm using it with photos of my daughter. Despite the many patterns and colors in the layout, you can see the photo and they are the focus of the page.


This is the sketch I used for the layout. By watching the sketch, I think the papers strips are 1" wide, but I used the ones I already had cut, which are 3/4". This is why you can see more strips of paper in my layout than in the sketch.


I started this page by arranging the paper strips, trying not to have the same design and colors together. After adding them with temporary tape, I reduced the white cardstock to 11 1/2" x 11 1/2". Then, I used the sewing machine and white thread to stitch a border on some of the patterned papers. This will give the layout more texture and will also secure the papers in place. After that, I matted the white cardstock on a red cardstock and stitched a red border around the layout. 

To help the photos stand out and be the focus of the layout, I matted them using patterned papers from the collection. The blue/mint and the floral mats are from the 3" x 4" cards. 


I added the photos slightly tilted as suggested in the sketch. This helps them stand out in this busy layout. For the title, I used the foam words from Full Bloom and a cardstock sticker.



After all the basics elements were ready, I created the clusters around the photos. To make them, I used the floral die cut pack, but before adding them, I fussy cut around the photos to separate them. This way I was able to arrange them differently and used foam tape in some and tape in others to create layers and dimension in the layout.



Finally, I added some tiny florals and bees from the die cut pack. They are the perfect touch to finish the layout. Then, I found a pack of Bo Bunny enamel dots that matched perfectly with the collection, and I added a few of them in the clusters.


The journaling was printed in thin cardstock, cut in strips and added to the layout using liquid adhesive. With this, I finished this beautiful page. Thanks for visiting the blog, I hope you like and enjoy this layout as much as I do, and it inspires you to craft! Come back soon for more inspiration!


No comments