You And Me Layout

Hello crafty friends! Today I'm sharing with you a layout I made using Simple Stories Heart Eyes collection. Have you seen this collection? I love it! It's beautiful, colorful, fun, and versatile. It can be used for love, valentines, and so much more since the designs work perfectly for kids, teens, and everyday memories. When I saw this collection, the first thing that captured my attention was the Love Notes paper that I'm using in this layout as a background. I love adding flowers to my projects and the florals in this paper are stunning! 

I started this layout by choosing the papers. For the background I used Love Notes, then reduced it to 11 1/2" x 11 1/2" and matted it over Happy Heart paper. The photo was matted using You're My Person to help it stand out from the background.


Then, I used a precision knife to cut around the flowers in the corner of the photo. For that, I recommend you check that the blade is sharp, and the tip is straight and not rounded. When using the knife, keep it at an angle to have a clean cut and avoid breaking the tip. Don't forget to have a secure cutting surface, my favorite is glass. 


I love adding texture to my layouts, this is why I stitched a white border around it using the sewing machine. I added the photo using adhesive on the sides and bottom to leave space for the tags, since they can be pulled to reveal the journaling. Now let's talk about the fun part, embellishing! The title is from the foam title pack of Heart Eyes. I love this product. Those titles give dimension to the projects and help you tell your story beautifully!


To create the cluster on the left side of the photo, I used different materials. I love to mix products to add texture, and with the help of foam tape, add dimension to them. In this cluster you can find chipboard, cardstock die cuts, stickers, foam, and enamel dots. The stickers used are the pink ticket, yellow phrase, and pink flag, all from the 12" x 12" sheet. The florals, orange flag, small heart, and heart banner are from the Bits and Pieces die cuts. The big heart is from the chipboard sticker sheet. 


Below you can see the cut flowers in the corner of the photo. This is something that I do because I don't want to cover those florals.


The tags used for the journaling where cut from the Tags paper and embellished with a piece of crochet thread. I added a phrase from the sticker book to the pink tag.



In the next photo you can appreciate some of the dimension in the cluster and also the enamel dots used, which are from the Color Vibe Brights.


If you want to see how I created this layout, check the process video here:


Thank you for your visit. I hope you like and enjoy this layout and it inspires you to craft. Come back soon!



No comments