Live Simply Everyday Layout

Hello crafty friend! Have you seen the Wildflower Collection by Simple Stories? This is one of their newest collections and it is a collaboration with My Mind's Eye. If you've been in this hobby for a long time, you know about MME. If not, let me tell you: their designs are amazing, but sadly they are no longer making scrapbooking products. The designs of their collections are very elegant with a hint of vintage and the color palettes they use are gorgeous! Now, having these two incredible companies together you must know it is an amazing collection and today, I'm sharing my first layout using Wildflower. I love how this layout turned out, since I love using flowers in my designs and this one has lots of them. Let me tell you how I made it and if you want to see me creating this page, don't miss the process video at the end.

In this layout, I wanted to incorporate various patterned papers. This is why I started this page by choosing five papers from Wildflower and the background cardstock is Winter Mint from Color Vibe. I cut the pink to 2 1/2" x 12", tore the edge, distressed it, and bent it a little to add texture to the border and give it a vintage look. Then, I cut the striped paper to 3/4" x 12", the gray one to 5" x 6" and chose the yellow 4" x 6" card from one of the papers in the collection as a mat for the photo. With the same gray paper, I cut a scalloped border using an old paper punch I had from Stampin' Up.
To continue with the vintage look, I distressed the edges of all the papers, then glued them together using liquid adhesive for the border and tape in the other papers. For more texture, I stitched on the striped paper and on the gray mat. Then, I added a border of numbers washi tape on top of the pink paper.

Once I had all the papers ready, I started to embellish the layout. For the title, I used the foam words stickers from Wildflower, mixing a phrase and a big word to create the title "Live Simply Everyday". 


The flowers cluster on the left side was made using die cuts from the different packs in the collection, but mostly from the floral one. Also, you can see a yellow piece with small red florals that I fussy cut from one of the papers. For the journaling, I printed it onto a piece of Warm White cardstock from Simple Stories Color Vibe, which is the perfect white tone for this collection. I added the journaling on top of one of the cut apart cards of the papers. I finished this area by adding other die cuts, enamel dots, brads, and a butterfly sticker. 


The cluster on the right side was made by mixing die cuts and fussy cut flowers. To create the layers on the layout, I like to use foam tape behind my embellishments. In this one, I also added enamel dots, brads, die cuts, and stickers, all from Wildflower.


On top of the photo, I added a die cut tab with a phrase sticker and flower. With this, I finished this beautiful layout. It was so much fun creating with this gorgeous collection. 


Let's check the process video of this layout here and don't forget to subscribe to my channel for more inspiration.



Thanks for your visit!I hope you like this layout as much as I do, and it inspires you to craft!



No comments