You Are Delightful Layout

Hello crafty friend! Today I'm sharing a multi photo layout using the gorgeous Flea Market collection by Simple Stories. I'm a paper lover, this is my favorite product and when I saw this pretty paper with all those flowers, I immediately wanted to use it. This paper is so amazing, most of the work is done but it doesn't mean that we can't add a few more papers and embellishments to make it even prettier, don't you agree? Now, let's talk about how I made this layout and if you want to see the process video, check it at the end of this post.



I wanted to make the photos the center of attention in this layout, highlighting the designs on the paper. This is why I used a precision knife to cut around the flowers. With this, I was able to insert the photos and papers without covering them.
 

I love adding patterned papers to my projects and they are the perfect way to enhance the photos. This is the reason I used different papers to mat the photos. The ones on the sides were matted in a pink ledger paper from the 6" x 8" Flea Market Paper Pad. The middle photo was matted in a 3" x 4" wood frame card from the cut apart paper. All of them were then matted in a piece of yellow plaid paper and in the teal paper. 


I wanted the central photo to be the primary one and by matting it with the frame and using foam tape on it, I achieved this. To enhance it more, I added two corners from the Bits & Pieces die cuts. For more texture, I stitched around the teal paper using white thread. The tags behind the photos hold the journaling and they can be easily pulled since I made a pocket in this area by adding adhesive on only three sides, leaving the top without tape.


On the top corner of the layout, I made a little cluster using different products like patterned paper, die cuts, chipboard, brads, enamel dots, and cardstock stickers. This is a technique that I love to use in my projects because it adds texture and made the clusters look beautiful. Another tip is to use foam tape of different thickness, this way you add dimension to the embellishments, and they don't look flat in the layout.


The flowers of the papers are beautiful as they are, but I added a few pieces of foam tape behind some of them to give them dimension. I also, added a few enamel dots and a vine die cut between the pink and teal flowers.


For the title, I used the foam stickers from Flea Market. I love this product; it is always the perfect touch and height! The small letter stickers that form the phrase "You Are" on top of the title, are from the sticker book. Mixing these two products and fonts will give attention to the title.



Using stencils is a great way to add texture and interest without adding bulkiness. In this layout, I used the stencil from the collection to give the page a visual texture. The ink I used was Distress Oxide Saltwater Taffy. 

If you want to see how I made this layout, check the process video here:



Thanks for your visit! I hope you like and enjoy this layout as much as I do, and it inspires you to craft! Have a wonderful day!

No comments