Soar Layout

Hello crafty friend! After a few crazy days at home, yesterday I finally had some time to scrapbook, yeah! It was a happy day; I finally had some time for myself to create something beautiful using this gorgeous collection from Simple Stories. For this page, I used a 4" x 6" photo of my daughter who is a Senior and will be leaving for college soon. All the products used for this layout are from the Simple Vintage Life in Bloom Collection by Simple Stories. If you still don't have this collection, you need to order it soon because it is running off the shelves and many products are out of stock. The colors and designs are stunning! Now, let's talk about how I made this layout, and if you want to see the process video, check it at the end of this post.

After choosing the photo for this layout, I selected a chipboard frame to enhance it. Then, I chose three patterned papers from the 12" x 12" sheets: the white with florals, the pink with dots, and the multicolor stripes. For the background I chose the yellow coordinating 12" x 12" paper from the Vintage Basics pack. I made a 1" frame from this paper so I don't waste it, since it will be covered with the white cardstock. The blue paper behind the photo is the other side of the yellow Vintage Basics paper. I used a paper punch to give it a "notebook" look. Then, I used white crochet thread to create a bow around it. When all the papers were added together, I used the sewing machine to stitch a white border around the layout, then switched to a black thread and stitched a zigzag border on the right side of the page.



For the title, I used the word "Soar" from the foam stickers and enhanced the frame with the big pink flower from the cluster chipboard pack. The journaling was printed in a 4" x 4" card I fuzzy cut from one of the patterned papers. To this card, I added a green sticker label with the word "Amazing" and a piece of the Ephemera Die Cut pack.

Once the main elements of the page were ready, I started to embellish it. I used die cuts from the Floral Bits and the Bits & Pieces. Also, I used stickers from the 12" x 12" sheet, foam titles, and sticker book. 

Most of the butterflies in the layout are from the rub-ons pack. I transfered them to vellum and fuzzy cut them. I did this because I was looking for a material softer than cardstock, with a translucent look. By using vellum, I was able to use foam tape behind the wings and give them dimension.

At the end, I finished the layout by adding a few decorative brads and glitter enamel dots from the Simple Vintage Life in Bloom collection.

If you want to see how I made this layout, check the process video here:


That's all for this layout. Making it was so much fun and I love how it turned out.
Thanks for your visit, I hope you like and enjoy this layout as much as I do. If this is the case, don't forget to subscribe to my YouTube channel and come back soon for more inspiration!



No comments