Bloom Wild & Free Layout

 Hello friends! Last week I made this layout using the beautiful Wildflower collection by Simple Stories and My Mind's Eye. When I saw this collection, I knew it would be perfect for these photos of my daughter. The story behind these photos is a funny one, she was taking her kindergarten classes online and she took a break to go to the "bathroom". She returned quickly, sat in front of the computer, turned her microphone on (the camera was already on) and called everybody to look at how beautiful she looked with makeup. I was shocked, she is so spontaneous and fast, OMG! Her teacher was laughing, couldn't talk, and my daughter was so happy when her teacher told her she looks amazing! As you can see, this is a story that I have to record for the future.

Now let's talk about how I made this layout. To enhance the photos, I used a chipboard frame from Wildflower and raised it by using foam tape behind. I positioned the tape strategically to add a tag with the journaling behind the right photo and to be able to tuck the embellishments in the corners.

For the background I cut a 1" frame from the yellow floral paper and placed a light cream cardstock on top of it. Before adding the cardstock, I distressed the edges and stitched both papers together. This cardstock is Natural from Bazzill Basics.


Then, I started adding layers of papers to the background, all from Wildflower. The blue one with the starbursts is from the 6" x 8" pad, the others (gray and pink gingham) are from the 12" x 12" collection kit. To give the papers more texture, I distressed all the edges and stitched on top of the blue one. For the title, I used the foam stickers and placed the word "Bloom" on the left of the photos and "Wild + Free" on top of the frame. Also, I added a chipboard butterfly on top of the frame for more dimension.

The plaid stripe on the left of the gray paper is washi tape. I secured it with liquid adhesive since I live in a Tropical area and with time, they become loose. Then, I stitched a zig zag border between the tape and the paper. To break the straight lines a little, I used a piece of the number washi tape on top of the yellow scalloped sticker border. After that, I added both to the layout right under the pink gingham paper.


Now, it's time to embellish the layout. For that, I used the chipboard stickers and die cuts from different packs to create the floral clusters. Also, I added a few fussy cut pieces from the yellow floral paper, and branch stickers from the sticker book. Then, finished it by adding a few enamel dots and brads.

Take a closer look at the top cluster. With all the different materials used, I added texture and dimension to this layout. 

This time I don't have a process video, sorry for that. I was recording it but didn't notice the camera stopped around the middle. I hope with the explanation, you have a good idea on how to make this beautiful layout.


Thanks for your visit, I hope you like this layout, and it inspires you to craft!



No comments