This is Me Layout

Hello friends! My daughters are both book lovers who enjoy reading, so when I saw the new Simple Stories My Story collection, I knew it would be perfect to document those stories of them. Today, I'm sharing my first layout using this collection. I made a layout for my eldest daughter and her bookshelves. I took the photos in her room and the light there is not the best for a photo session, but I fixed them as best as I could to share this story in a layout. If you want to know how I made this layout, stay with me during this post and don't miss the process video at the end.

The colors of this collection are bright and bold and, since the photos are dark with a lot of black, I decided to use a white cardstock as my base. To make the background look more elegant, I matted the white cardstock with a Blush cardstock from Simple Stories, then with a floral paper from the My Story collection and finished with a stitched border around the white cardstock using a yellow/gold thread.


Since I love adding paper to my layouts, I matted the photos in different papers. I matted the large one with the black and white squared paper, two of the small photos with a mint paper (this is from the 6" x 8" pad) and the other small photo with a yellow/gold paper. Then, I used two more patterned papers in the background, one green and one orange, to give the photos a resting place.


The title "This is Me" is a sticker from the 12" x 12" sheet. I used foam tape under it to give it dimension. I also, used a tag, books sticker, and flowers to compliment the title area. The tiny butterflies were fussy cut from a 6" x 8" paper.


Trying to enhance the theme of the layout, I used a big stack of books from the chipoard stickers and a phrase on the left of the journaling. Under the green paper is a line of washi tape in a yellow/gold tone. 

I printed the journaling in a card cut from one of the papers in the collection. Then, I embellished it with a little cluster of stickers, die cuts, and enamel dots.

Under the orange paper, I added two stripes from the sticker book. One is a thin yellow line and the other is a light blue scalloped border. Then, I finished the layout with a few word stickers.
If you want to see how I made this layout, check the process video here:



Thanks for your visit, I really appreciate it! I hope you like and enjoy this layout as much as I do, and it inspires you to craft!


No comments