Hamilton Layout

 Hi!

In 2019, Hamilton was presented in Puerto Rico with Lin-Manuel interpreting Alexander Hamilton, but sadly we were not able to purchase the tickets online because they were sold out in a few minutes. We were sad because our daughter is a huge fan of Lin-Manuel and Hamilton and we wanted to purchase the tickets for her. But then, while the musical was presented in the Island, we found out they were selling a bunch of tickets in the theater for walk ins. This was the perfect, and only, opportunity to see Hamilton with Lin Manuel and here in Puerto Rico, so my husband and daughter woke up at 4:00 am and went to Bellas Artes Puerto Rico to make the line. They arrived at the theater around 5:30 am, and there were a lot of people already waiting in line. Anyways, I arrived later, after leaving the baby with my mom, and we were able to purchase the tickets for the second performance. It was amazing, and seeing the happiness in my daughter's face was the best part. It was worth every penny! 

To create these layouts I used an old collection from Echo Park Paper named The Story of Our Family and a sketch by Allison Davis from the 6" x 6" Paper Pads Layout class. Here is the left side layout. This page includes a bunch of patterned papers with distressed edges and a border made with the sewing machine. Also, this page includes eight photos, the title and the journaling.

This is the right side layout. In this page you can find seven more photos and a few stars and words to embellish it. I don't have a lot of photos from the musical. I have photos of my daughter in the line, using the filters from the App, during the meet and great, and only one inside the theater, when the show was finished and we were allowed to photograph. However, I took all the photos with the phone, so they are not the best quality. One of the photos with a girl from the cast had a light in it because the sun was hitting her face, but I used it anyways to remember as much as we can from that special day!

In the next photo you can see the patterned papers used in the left side layout and the stitching border. The title was made using American Crafts Thickers Happy Life. The stars were cut using an EK Success paper punch. They were added with foam adhesive. The music signs are stickers from Walmart. A short story, when we were entering the theater, my daughter saw don Luis Miranda, he is Lin Manuel's father. I asked for a photo with her and he was very friendly and happy to pose with her. 


I wanted to use a photo of Lin Manuel holding the flag of Puerto Rico, but the one I took was not the best, so I searched in Google and found the photo you see in the right side layout. The moment the musical ends and they came out holding our flag was so emotional that I needed to have it in the layout.


The phrases and words are from one of the American Crafts sticker book. These pages are so busy with all the photos that only a few embellishments were added so they don't distract the viewers attention from the photos.


Thanks for your visit. Hope you like these layouts and they inspire you to craft. Come back soon, I'm working on a process video of a layout I made using mixed media and a cut file. 









No comments