Hello Layout with Process Video

 Hi!

Hope you are safe and having a great day! Today I'm sharing with you a layout I made as A Cherry On Top Guest Designer for October 2020. I titled the layout "Hello" because it is about my daughter, who is always with her phone, but rarely uses it to talk. But a few days ago, she received a call from one of her friends and she was so happy talking that I grabbed my phone and took a few photos (this is why the light and quality of the photos are not the best). Anyway, I managed to use them for this page and I love how it turned out! At the end of the post you can find the process video of this layout, so please check it out. 

To create this layout I used a Page Maps sketch for A Cherry On Top Challenge 193. You can find this and other sketches in their "Inspiration" area. This challenge expired but you can always use them for inspiration. I don't do Halloween, but the sketch was perfect for these photos, so I adapted it to the products and photos I was using. 

The papers and embellishments used in this layout are from The Avenue Collection by Jen Hadfield for Pebbles Inc. This collection is amazing, lots of colors, great designs, and tons of flowers! Perfect for any theme!


The first thing I did was to choose four patterned papers from the collection: Honeycomb CT., Downtown, Poppy Pl., and Daffodil Dr. I decided to use the white honeycomb paper as the background for the photo area because it is white and will help the photos stand out since they are darker, even though I fixed them a little. Then, I used the peach gingham paper to mat the photos and the darker papers for the stripes on top and bottom of the honeycomb paper.

To help the paper stand out, I distressed their edges and machine stitched around and inside the honeycomb paper. I printed the text in a piece of white cardstock using the font Typewriter Condensed Demi, size 10.

When the papers were ready, I selected the embellishments I liked and wanted to use for this layout from the Floral, Phrases, and Icons Ephemera Packs (die cuts). Then I positioned them in the layout and when I liked what I saw, I started adding most of them with foam adhesive for dimension and others (the smallest) with liquid adhesive. In the process video, you can see I removed part of the white border in some die cuts like the title and tab. You can't see when did the same to the flowers because I did that to all the die cuts in the Floral Pack a few days ago while watching TV.

 

I tried to maintain the layout as similar to the sketch as possible. The position of everything is the same, but I changed a few things to adapt it to my needs. In the title area the circle I used is smaller and I made a little flower cluster.


I decided to mat the layout with black cardstock, so I reduced the white cardstock a little bit. I love how the pages look when matted, to me, they look more elegant. Then, I distressed the edges of the white cardstock using my nail since it was already glued to the black cardstock. I added black paint splatters using acrylic paint diluted in water. I love how a few of them enhance the layout and make it look more artistic.



I changed the big house for a flower cluster and the bicycle. The bats were substituted by butterflies I fuzzy cut from a sheet of paper and the big one is from the die cut. I added them after I recorded the video, which is why you can't see them. Sorry!


The final detail, was the gold puffy hearts from the collection. They are so pretty! I forgot them while recording, but when I was cleaning the table I found them and decided to add a few offline because they are irresistible. 


The process video of this layout is available in my YouTube channel, or you can see it here:


Thank you so much for staying with me during this post, hope you like this layout and it inspires you to craft! 



No comments