Science Fair Layout (Published in SCT Magazine)

Hi!

A few weeks ago I was looking through some photos and found these of my daughter working on the Science Fair. She loves science, and doing experiments is something she enjoys and loves. I thought it would be nice to create a double spread with some of those photos. Since this year so many things happened, first with the earthquakes and then the Covid-19, the school was not able to give the students the prizes. In June, I received an email with a Certificate Award saying she won First Place. It was good news and memories, so this layout is to remember all of that, and I printed the certificate as a photo to include it in the layout. This layout was featured in Scrapbook and Cards Magazine Summer 2020 issue on page 64.



You can read and/or download the free digital version of the magazine in their website, by clicking in the magazine photo below. 




The patterned papers used are from Bella Blvd Pop Quiz collection, the orange paper with the "Experiment in Progress" quote is 4" x 4" card from Echo Park Back to School and the red polka dot paper is an oldie from Simple Stories 24/Seven.  

In the next photo you can see the left side layout which has three photos and a few embellishments to enhance it.


For the right side, I used two photos. This side also has the title and journaling of the layout.


Usually, when I create double spread layouts, they have many photos and the embellishments are minimum. For these pages, I decided to create a few small clusters in some of the photos and in the title area. I used die cuts and chipboards from Bella Blvd, Me & My Big Ideas, and Simple Stories. For all the die cuts, I used foam adhesive to give the layout dimension and interest


To add movement and break all the straight lines in the layouts, I added a yellow border made from cardstock using an old Sizzix 12" die I have.


For the journaling, I used a Staedler pen. To complete the title I used American Crafts foam Thickers. This is basically how I made this layout, it was fast but I enjoyed doing it and remembering my daughter very excited, working in her experiment to find the best way to filter water for survival, in case another situation, like a hurricane, occurs.


Thanks for your visit, hope you like these layouts and they inspire you to craft!




No comments