Shine Bright Layout

 Hi!

Hope you are safe and having a good day! I'm back at the blog this week to share a beautiful double spread layout I made to continue with  Allison Davis' class "6" x 6" Pads for Layouts". This is my layout 16 of 20. I'm almost finished with the class, I can't believe it! For these pages I used the 6" x 8" pad of the Cocoa Vanilla Unforgettable collection and a few scraps from the 12" x 12" papers of the same collection.

I love Cocoa Vanilla products, their collections are so pretty, especially the girly ones. I love that they have flowers and butterflies, and the colors are gorgeous. Those are my happy colors and designs. In the next picture you can see the left side layout. It is basically strips of patterned papers, all cut to the same size and aligned. 

The left upper corner was embellished with a die cut flower and leaves from the stickers and die cut pack. I added two white branches with leaves that I cut in the Silhouette Cameo using a file from Echo Park Paper. To add more details to this little cluster, I used Nuvo Drops in Carnation Pink, Simply White, Sherbert Shimmer, and Strawberry Coulis, as well as a few clear sticker hearts from the collection.

The right side page is a little more artistic, with two big flower clusters in the corners, a big picture, the title, and the journaling.

For the floral clusters I used the die cuts from the collections, flowers I fuzzy cut from one of the 12" x 12" papers, clear stickers, and the white branches I cut with the Silhouette Cameo. A few Nuvo Drops were also added to them, to maintain the balance between the two pages and to create the visual triangle with the clusters. I love adding little details to my projects. In this layout, I used those white branches with leaves to fill some space without overwhelming the page and the clear sticker hearts are just perfection! Maybe you can't see it, but I distressed the edges of the paper strips, to give texture and dimension to the layout.


Another detail I added was machine stitching around the paper triangles in the right side layout. I used a dark gray thread to enhance the papers and give them a more elegant finish, as well as a nice touch!


The foam title is from the collection. I love the cute font and how well they work with the papers.


Thank you for stopping by my blog, I hope you like this page as much as I do and it inspires you to craft!

No comments