Rise and Shine Layout

 Hi!

During this eternal quarantine we are living with this Covid-19 situation, I've been so busy at home that when I had time to craft I didn't record anything, but last week I decided to record myself and create a process video of this layout I'm sharing today. You can find the video at the end of this post. This layout is simple, it looks busy with so much stuff, but it's a quick and easy page. The photo is of my daughter, who loves to be free in nature, running and enjoying the moment.

The patterned papers used in this layout are from Aida's collection by Gigi's Lab. The collection is beautiful, very girly, and the colors are so pretty! I purchased this collection from a local store, I think it is from Europe. The cut file used is from Pink Fresh Studio and I found it in their Facebook Fan Page group for free.




I started this page by backing the cut file with the patterned papers. Then, I created the background using white cardstock, Tim Holtz Dot Fade stencil and Dazzlerz Tutti Frutti. Once the paste was dry, I added paint splatters using Shimmerz in Miner, Miner 49er and It's Mint To Be. This cardstock was added to a frame made from the floral paper. The edges of the white cardstock were distressed and the papers were stitched together using the sewing machine.


The photo was matted with vellum from the collection. 


For the title, I used American Crafts Adventures Thickers. They are gold with glitter, I bought them a few years ago in Tuesday Morning. The words and phrases, some in English and others in Spanish, are from Aida's collection. 


To enhance the cut file more, I added it to the page using craft foam. This gives dimension and interest to the page. The photo was adhered with craft foam as well. 


This cut file is big and full of color, but I wanted to enhance it more. This is why I used wood buttons in the center of the flowers, for more texture and dimension. Also, I added vines and tiny flowers from the die cuts.

At the end, I added Nuvo Drops in Simply White, Sherbet Shimmer, and Silver Crystals. The journaling was made using a Staedler pen and the date was stamped using American Crafts Creative Devotional stamp and Tsukineko StazOn ink pad.

Here is the process video of the layout. If you want to see it in YouTube click here.

Thanks for staying with me during this long post and for visiting my blog. I hope you like this layout and it inspires you to craft. Have a wonderful week!





No comments