You & Me Happy Together Layout

 Hi!

Hope you are safe and having a great Monday! I'm back at the blog to share with you a new layout I made as the October Guest Designer for A Cherry On Top. This time, I made a layout using a cut file, a little bit of paint and lots of patterned papers and embellishments from The Avenue Collection by Jen Hadfield for Pebbles. I recorded the process, which you can see in the video at the end of this post.

The geometric heart cut file is from the Silhouette Store (#199765). I cut it in white American Crafts textured cardstock.  The settings I used to cut it in the Silhouette Cameo 3 are: Blade 4, Force 30, and Speed 3. Remember, regardless of which blade you are using (ratchet or auto blade), you can always adjust the settings. I like to use those setting most of the time, but for very intricate designs I lower the speed to 2 and sometimes to 1 and, before unloading the mat, I verify it cut properly by lifting a corner. If it didn't, I send it to cut again.

Once the file was cut, I proceeded to back it with patterned papers from The Avenue Collection. The name of the papers used are: Dahlia Dr., First Ave., Lovers Ln., Third Ave., Wildflower Wy., Downtown, Fifth Ave., and Daffodil Dr. After that, I added the heart to the right side of the cardstock and removed the excess. Then, I hand stitched around the edge of the heart using the six strands of white embroidery thread 

To help the photo stand out from all those pieces of patterned paper, I matted it using white cardstock and then a piece of the Lavender Ln. paper from the collection. I love adding texture and dimension to my layouts, which is why you see I always add most of the embellishments with foam adhesive. For this layout, I used die cuts from the Flower Ephemera, Ephemera Icon, and Phrase Ephemera packs. I also, used the Puffy Leaves and Puffy Hearts Stickers. The tag was cut from the Fifth Ave. paper. 




The title was made using the beautiful Thickers from The Avenue collection named 2nd Ave. I'm in love with this pack of titles because, like the collection, it can be used for many themes and includes different fonts and sizes. Also, they are flexible and the gold tone is so pretty, perfect for any project! In the end, I decided to remove some edges of the white cardstock and backed them with the First Ave. paper which is a script paper, and I like to use them for details like this. I printed the journaling in a piece of white cardstock using the font Typewriter Condensed Demi, size 10To finish the layout, I made a few paint splatters using black acrylic paint and machine stitched the around the border for a more artistic and elegant look in the page.



Here is the process video of the layout:


Thanks you for staying with me during this post. I hope you like this layout and it inspires you to craft. If you have any questions, please, let me know. I will be glad to help you. I'll be back soon with another layout, I'm thinking about a shaker, would you like that? Let me know what you would like to see before the month ends.







No comments