Dec 25 Layout

 Hi!

Hope you are having a great day! I know it's January, but here in Puerto Rico we have the longest Christmas in the world. We start in November, for me the day after Thanksgiving but for the Thanksgiving dinner I already have the Christmas decoration in the house and they finish in January, for me after the Three Kings Day but for other people in the Island they end at the mid of January. I'm not a chronological scrapbooker, this is my hobby and as a benefit, I preserve some of my family's memories, without stress. I still have a lot of Christmas photos from previous years that have never been scrapbooked and I don't know if I will be able to scrap them because usually I take so many photographs of everything, that it's impossible to scrap all of them. Anyway, here is a Christmas layout, featuring our tree on December 25, 2020.

This layout was made using Cocoa Vanilla Merry and Bright collection. I have a few favorite manufacturers of scrapbook products and they are one of them, so when I found their collections in US, I purchased everything I like because otherwise, I will not be able to find them. For this layout I used the patterned papers, 6" x 8" paper pad, the specialty gold glitter paper, the 3" x 4" cards, die cuts, button flair, and stickers. 

I started the layout by backing the beautiful floral wreath and deer by Handipaper. You can purchase their files in their Etsy shop. I used different papers from the collection and for the bow I used the glitter paper. I backed the middle area with vellum, to have a translucent tone in the layout. Then, I selected the papers, distressed the edges and added them to the white cardstock. 

I punched two stripes of the blue/teal paper using Martha Stewart doily punch. Now this punch is made by We R Memory Keepers. When all the papers were ready and added to the white cardstock, I reduced it to 11 1/4" x 11 1/4" and matted it on top of a frame made out of the green trees paper. Then, I machine stitched a border around the layout using white thread.

To add more texture and gold details to the layout, I used the Star Confetti stencil by Paige Evans and a mixture of Deco Art Modeling Paste with Shimmerz Miner, Miner 49er and a gold mica powder from Baltic Day. After it was dry, I added a little bit of paint splatters using the same Shimmerz paint diluted in water and a few Nuvo drops in Honey Gold and Mustard Gold.

Then I embellished the layout using the products from the collection and a few flowers I fuzzy cut from one of the papers. To add dimension to the layout I used foam tape behind some of the embellishments. The title was made using American Crafts Thickers and the for the journaling I used a Staedler gray pen.

Thanks for visiting my blog, I hope this elegant layout inspires you to craft. Come back soon, I'm working on other layouts I'll be sharing soon!



No comments