Valentine's Cards Part 1

 Hi

I'm back at the blog this week with another Valentine's inspiration. This time, I'm sharing with you three cards I made for Miss Kate Designs using the Be Mine paper collection and die cuts. Have you checked Miss Kate Designs? I can tell you, she is very talented and has lots and lots of gorgeous designs that make the cardmaking process so easy since they are already colored, and you can use the die cuts or print them if you purchase the digital version. 


To create this first set of cards, I started with the Page Maps Card Maps for January 2021. I challenged myself to use as many as possible of those sketches to create the Valentine's Day cards. Here are the first three cards, but stay tuned because I'm working on more cards.

The XOXO card is A2 size (4 1/4" x 5 1/2") when closed and opens to the side. The base cardstock is white and I used three different papers from the Be Mine Collection to crate the layers and a piece of red cardstock. To add texture to card I machine stitched around some of the papers and for dimension used foam adhesive behind the die cuts. I added a red mat behind the "XOXO" die cut to enhance it, this is a technique I like to use, specially in cards.

The second card is my favorite from this set. It measures 5 1/4" x 5 1/4". I love seeing all the patterned papers and the textures given by distressing the edges of the papers and sewing around the squares and card, as well as the Glossy Accents used in the hearts of the die cuts. I did some fuzzy cutting for this card because some of the papers have hearts in different sizes and patterns, so instead of using a paper punch to cut hearts, all of the same size, I fuzzy cut them from one of the papers and I love the result. 

The third card measures 5" x 5" when closed and it opens to the top. In this card too, I matted the die cut with red cardstock to enhance it and used foam adhesive to adhere it to the card. I used a scallop border punch to create the pink edges and used heart die cuts to embellish the card. However, I wanted to add something else to the card and I remembered the heart sequins I had, they have a metallic look that you can't appreciate in the photo. Those sequins are from Target, they came in a cans that have a mix of sequins, they are cute, affordable, and perfect for shakers. 


Aren't these cute cards? They are very easy to make and perfect as gifts for your loved ones. Thanks for your visit, and come back soon for more cards!



No comments