Valentine's Cards Part 2

 Hi!

Hope you are having a great weekend. Today I want to share with you four more Valentine's cards I made with the beautiful Be Mine collection by Miss Kate Designs and the January 2021 Card Maps by Becky Fleck. I used seven of the 10 sketches, which is a lot for me. They are a great help to create quick projects without thinking a lot, since her designs are very balanced.


The first card is titled You Are Udder-ly Amazing. This card is A2 size (4 1/4" x 5 1/2") when closed and it opens to the side. I chose the background papers, added them together and tied a piece of twine around the card. Then, I machine stitched around the border. After that, I added them to the red cardstock and added the banners made with papers from the collection. To finish the card, I used a die cut from the collection and matted it with red cardstock and fuzzy cut around, leaving a thin red border, to enhance it. It was added to the card with foam adhesive to add dimension and interest.

The second card is titled You Have My Heart. This card is A2 size and opens upwards. This card is very easy to make and you can use scraps of papers. I cut the paper strips in different thicknesses, and cut some of the edges to look like banners and others like washi tape. The die cut was matted with a piece of red cardstock and added with foam adhesive to the card. The quote was printed in white cardstock and cut as banner. To add more texture and embellish the card a little more, I used sequins.

The third card is titled Happy Hearts Day! This card is A2 size and opens towards the top. It's a very simple but cute card. I machine stitched twice around the pink paper, and create three vertical lines, to "hang" the hearts. After that, I added the paper to the white cardstock card. The heart die cuts were added with foam adhesive. To embellish the card, I added heart sequins to the vertical stitched lines. They are very small, shiny, and the color changes depending on the angle you see it, but the color is supposed to be red. Then, I created tiny bows with the papers from the collection and added them on top of the hearts and in the center I added another, slightly larger, sequin heart. To finish the card, I machine stitched on top of the quote banner, which was printed in white cardstock. This way, I continue with the stitching look in the card. 

The last and fourth card is titled You Are Udder-ly Amazing too. This card is A2 size and opens towards the side. I cut the papers, added them together, machine stitched around the coral paper and then embellished with the hearts die cuts, the sequins, and the printed quote. 

I like how cute these cards turned out. They are quick and easy to make, but will make the recipient happy. I hope you like them and they inspire you to do some cards or to craft. Thanks for your visit, I'll be back soon with a shaker project.


 


No comments