Merry & Bright Layout

 Hi!

This week I'm back at the blog with a new Christmas layout I made using Miss Kate Designs products. I love how happy this layout turned out. The designs and colors of the papers and die cuts are so bright and happy, that any project with them looks gorgeous!

This layout is very easy to assemble. I started by selecting 9 different papers from the Oh What Fun 6" x 6" Paper Pack and cut one square of 1 1/2" from each of the papers. Then, I cut a piece of the striped paper to 3" x 5" to mat the photo. 
Since I love stitching in my layouts, I decided to stitch each square of patterned paper to add texture and interest to the layout. After that, I cut two pieces of the red polka dot paper to 5/8" x 6" to create a full horizontal line in the layout, which I embellished with a yellow border made using a We R Memory Keepers diamond scallop punch. 


The last part was embellishing the layout. For that, I used the die cuts Oh What Fun. I added the penguin in the middle of the red polka dot stripes, to cover the union. Then, I added additional die cuts to create a cluster. For dimension, I used foam adhesive behind the die cuts.


Finally, I added the title using foam alphas from American Crafts in gold and the journaling was printed in white cardstock, then I cut it as a tag and embellished with papers, a piece of waxed black thread and a cute yellow mini bow. And of course, I reduced the white cardstock to 11 1/4" x 11 1/4" and matted it in red cardstock and then stitched around the border using red thread.

That's all for the moment, but I'll be back this week this week. Right now I'm working on a layout and some Valentine's cards, so come back soon. Thanks for your visit, I hope you like this layout and it inspires you to craft!

No comments