Ready for Santa Claus Layout

 Hi!

Happy New Year 2021! I have a lot of Christmas photos from 2020 that I need to scrapbook, so here is my first layout with them. In this layout, I wanted my daughters to be the focus, their happiness and joy of getting ready for Santa, while I photographed them, as our Christmas Eve traditional photo shooting. My toddler is very active, which makes it hard to take nice photos, since she is always moving. I took 100 photos to maybe get two or three in focus, lol. And when one of the girls is looking to the camera, the other is not, so I decided to work with them, as they are. For others they may be imperfect photos, but for me they are perfect, and reflect their personalities, captured in that special moment.

I made this layout using Miss Kate Designs products. The papers are a few pieces from the Festive Christmas collection. I killed that kit, I made a mini album, a few cards and some layouts, and I'm very happy that I used it completely. It's been a long time since I used a complete kit and don't have to add it to my stash. The die cuts used to embellish the layout are from the Merry Christmas Pack and the title is an SVG file from Miss Kate digital store.


This is a quick layout to make because the title is so big and covers a huge part of the layout. Also, it is a layout that only requires a small amount of products. The words paper on top is 2 3/4" and the stripes paper is 3/4". I added a red scalloped border made with a paper punch and cardstock. I made the banner stripes using scraps of papers, their width varies from  3/4" to 1 1/4". 

When the papers were ready, I added them to the layout and used the sewing machine to stitch a white border around the page. After that, I added the two photos and there was not much space available. I added the journaling in an old Elle's Studios card I had in my stash, completed the title with foam letters from American Crafts and finished the layout with some die cuts. In the next photo you can take a closer look of the cut file. Isn't it gorgeous?

I did a little bit of distressing to the edges of the papers for additional texture. The paper punch used for the scalloped border is from Fiskars.

For an additional detail to the layout, I used crochet thread around the banners to make a bow. Since I don't like having a flat layout, I used foam adhesive behind some of the die cuts and the title, to give dimension to the page.

That's all for the moment! Thanks for visiting my blog, I hope this layout inspires you to craft. Have a wonderful day and come back soon for more inspiration!


No comments