Happy Day Layout with Process Video

Hi

Last week I took a break from Christmas products and started working with Miss Kate Designs Be Mine Collection. Since Valentine's Day is around the corner, I made a layout of my baby girl last year when we gave her the present. She was so happy and surprised, I love capturing those moments and the best way to preserve them is by scrapbooking them. You can see the process video of this layout at the end of this post.


The Be Mine collection has a lot of beautiful papers with amazing colors from pinks, blues, grays and blacks, and the die cuts are the cutest things, with tiny messages. Since my daughter's pajama had a llama, I decided to print two from Miss Kate digital shop and include them in the layout. I did the same with the floral heart on top of the journaling. This is a great way to add elements to your layouts because the shop is full of beautiful designs.

I started the layout by cutting the patterned papers and adding them to a white cardstock. To enhance the papers, I cut a red scalloped border using an old Sizzix 12" die, then machine stitched twice around the layout. For the journaling, I stamped the paper designs using a stamp from Sarai's Creative Box using StazOn in jet black. Then, I used a notebook edge paper punch from EK Success in the left edge, to give it a more realistic look.


In the gray paper, I machine stitched a border using a decorative design that looks like scallops. 

Once the papers and the stitching were ready, I started decorating the layout. For that, I used a foam title from American Crafts Thickers that I bought a few years ago in Tuesday Morning. Then, I started adding all those cut little details that make the project shine.

I added the llamas and heart that were printed and cut as die cut. To cut them I used my Silhouette Cameo, but you can cut them by hand leaving a white border around the edge. I added sequins in the clusters area in white, gold, and blue/teal. I also added a few Nuvo Drops in Silver Crystals, Blue Lagoon, and Strawberry Coulis.

The cute white doily used as a base for the heart and llama is from Doodlebug. As you can see in the photos, some of the die cuts were added using foam adhesive, this helps to create layers in the layout and makes the design prettier! The journaling was written using a Staedler gray pen.

The last detail, was to add some paint splatters. For that, I used Shimmerz Miner, Miner 49 er and black acrylic paint diluted in water. I left them to dry, I don't use paper towel to speed it, because I love the texture of the paint when dried.


You can check the process video of the layout here



Thanks for your visit! Hope my work inspires you to craft and don't forget to like the video if you enjoy it. Come back soon for more projects, I'm working on some cards!


No comments