Fun Times Double Layout

 Hi!

Welcome to my blog! Today's project is a double layout I made to preserve these beautiful photos of my husband and baby doing funny faces. They were taking a few selfies while I was photographing them too. Then, they noticed what I was doing and posed for a few extra shots. I love my family, they support my photographing obsessions, lol! 

For this layout, I'm basically using Close To My Heart products, only a few were not from them. It's been a long time since I purchased some CTMH products because I don't have anybody near me to show me the catalog and I don't know why I don't enjoy seeing the products online. But I will need to check them because they are really pretty. With the publication of some of my layouts in the SCT Magazine, I received from them products from CTMH and I used them right away because they are good quality, the colors are beautiful, and the designs works well with many themes. I don't know the name of this collection but the colors are so bright and happy that I fell in love with it at first sight.

Here is an individual photo of the left page.

This is the individual photo of the right page.

The first thing I did was make the background. For that, I cut two pieces of the yellow paper to 10 3/4" x 4", two pieces of the blue paper to  10 3/4" x 2", two pieces of the floral paper to 5/8" x 12" and two scalloped borders of 12" long. The border was made using an old paper punch from Stampin' Up. The photos used are 2 1/4" x 2 1/4" and the biggest one is 4" x 4". I love matting my photos in white cardstock and adding a little bit of color to them by using patterned paper to mat them. This time, I matted all the small photos using a red polka dot paper from Carta Bella Yacht Club and the big one with a paper from the CTMH collection.

For the journaling, I used a graphic paper and printed the journaling on it using Word. First, I printed the journaling in copy paper, then added the patterned paper on top of the printed text to be sure where it is going to print and secure it with a bit of washi tape on each side of the paper. After that, I printed the text again, this time on the patterned paper.

I added the date using an American Crafts stamp and StazOn ink. The title and flowers are from the sticker sheet included in the kit and other flowers were fuzzy cut from one of the papers. Some of the flowers were added with foam adhesive, while others were added with liquid adhesive. This adds dimension and interest to the layout. To enhance the clusters, I added a few leaves I cut with my Silhouette Cameo using a cut file from Cocoa Vanilla Studio.


To finish the layout, I added paint splatters using black, acrylic paint diluted in water. The small, puffy hearts are from the collection and the enamel dots are from Jillibean Soup and My Mind's Eye. The tabs are from My Mind's Eye. The tiny stripe of paper on the top of the layout measures 1/4" and was cut from a barcode stripe that I cut in half to use it there.


Thanks for your visit. I love how these pages turned out and how the photos capture the viewers' attention. Hope you like this layout and it inspires you to craft. Have a great day!



No comments