Hope (Vaccination) Layout with Process Video

 Hi!

How are you? I'm very happy to share with you a new layout I made to document my husband's vaccination process. For this layout I used Simple Stories Quarantined collection and a Peartree Cutfile title. It was a quick layout with a little bit of mixed media. You can find the process video at the end of this post. 

I started this layout by backing the title with patterned papers from the collection. After that, I prepped the white cardstock with clear gesso and let it dry. Once it was dry, I added blue paint using Shimmerz Ride the Tide. I let it dry and mixed Ride the Tide with a few drops of Heidi Swapp Color Shine Navy to make the paint darker. With a stencil brush and a chevron stencil by Paige Evans, I added the design in three areas of the white cardstock. Then, I added paint splatters in Navy and Ride the Tide.


When the background was ready, I added the patterned papers to the layout. I used the striped papers on top and on the bottom to balance the page, but in the top area I added two more patterned papers with one of the edges torn. 


The title was added with foam adhesive to make it stand out and create more interest since it is not a flat page.


The photo was matted with white cardstock and a 3" x 4" card from the collection was added to the side to fill some space and add a nice message to the layout.


After that, I started embellishing the layout using stickers from the collection and foam adhesive. Also, I used a two words/phrases I printed from a Traci Reed freebie you can find in her shop, the "we can do this" and "Covid-19 Update".


At the end, I added a few hearts around the layout. Some are from the collection's sticker sheet and the puffy ones are from Elle's Studio. Off camera I changed to upper heart to a darker one and made a black border around the yellow card using a pen.


The "We've got this!' heart was fuzzy cut from one of the cards.


The journaling was printed using the font Typewriter Condensed Demi in size 9.

Check the process video here, and don't forget to give it a thumb up and subscribe to my channel for more inspiration.

Thanks for your visit, hope you like this layout and it inspires you to craft! Come back this week, I'll do my best to finish a layout I have in process soon!



No comments