Happy Days Layout

Hi!

Hope you are having a great day! Today I'm sharing with you one of my layouts that was published in the Spring 2021 issue of Scrapbook and Cards Today Magazine. You can find my layout on page 69. Remember you can order the printed version of the magazine, my favorite to take it everywhere and feel the pages, or you can download the digital version for free in their website. I made this layout for my baby girl. This time, I used products from Cocoa Vanilla Daydream collection. I love their products, they are always full of great details like flowers and colors that make me happy because they are soft and easy to work with practically any photo.

I started this layout using a sketch from Page Maps that was featured in the Scrapbook and Cards Magazine Spring Call. The sketch featured two photos, but since I wanted to use three photos of my girl, I changed it to make it work for me.  


I rotated the sketch and move things, but you can see the elements of the sketch in my layout. I have the photos and the tab, the journaling in a circle, the papers, the scalloped border strip, the banner and the embellishments triangle. I didn't circle the title because I did some sewing in the photo mats and the scalloped border.


The products used from Cocoa Vanilla Studio Daydream collection are: patterned papers, die cuts (titles and elements), stickers, puffy heart, and flair buttons. For the title, I fuzzy cut around the words and used an X-Acto knife to clean the inside of the letters. It was added to the layout using foam adhesive.


The flower clusters were made using flowers I fuzzy cut from one of the papers and also from the die cuts to remove the white part. Some of them were added with foam adhesive to create interest and dimension in the page. To make them prettier, I added a few sequins from my stash, which I had bought a long time ago and they came in a bundle package with coordinating colors and were very economical. I have them segregated by color to make it easier for me to use them. Also, I added some Tonic Studio Nuvo drops in Limoncello, Bubblegum Blush, and Cloud 9. 


The background paper I used is so beautiful, it has all the colors from the collection in an artistic way that looks amazing and it has some white splatters, so to feel I did something in the background, I added a few gold splatters using Shimmerz Miner, Miner 49er paint. For the journaling, I used a frame from the die cuts, I cut around the edges of the blue designs, and backed it with a piece of white cardstock that I stamped using an old Teresa Collins rubber stamp I found in my stash. After that, I wrote the journaling using a Staedler gray pen.


In the next photo, you can see the stitching I did in the scalloped border that I cut by hand. I cut it this way on purpose to make the scallops different sizes. 


Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I hope you like this layout and it inspires you to craft. Remember to subscribe to my blog to receive the post by email or come back soon for more inspiration.




No comments