Lazy Days Layout

 Hi!

Hope you are having a great day! A few days ago, I was looking through our digital photos and found these of my daughter in the pool, celebrating her graduation  from sixth grade. It was a pool party and the day was beautiful. She had lots of fun with her friends and I took some photos to remember that special day. It's been four years since that moment, and she's changed so much. I don't know if  it is nostalgia or what, but seeing photos is something I love to do, especially when looking for inspiration. These photos are so pretty and bring back so many beautiful memories that I decided to scrapbook them using the Page Maps sketch for SCT Magazine Summer's issue call. You can see the sketch bellow. I follow it to a T, except for a few extra embellishments I added.


For this layout I used the Summer Farmhouse collection by Simple Stories.  Since I already had the photos and the sketch, the next step was to choose the papers. I selected the blue/teal polka dot paper for the left side and the wood grain paper to hold the title and the journaling. To enhance the photos, I matted them in white cardstock and a blue paper from Echo Park Good Day Sunshine collection. Those colors work perfect with the swimsuit in the photos and the pool water. To maintain the design of the sketch, I created the circles border cut file and used the Silhouette Cameo to cut it from a polka dot yellow in the collection. I decided to use yellow, which is one of the colors in the swimsuit but can barely be seen.



The red gingham border is a sticker from Farmhouse Summer, which I cut to fit under the photo. The yellow border is an oldie I had in my stash from Bella Blvd, and it feels so good to finally use it! For the title, I used the foam words from Simple Stories Farmhouse Summer. I love having titles ready in other materials that are not cardstock. They add texture and dimension to the layout making it more interesting.


After that, I started embellishing the layout, using stickers and die cuts from Summer Farmhouse. I used foam adhesive behind them to add dimension to the layout and create layers in the clusters area. Then I stitched a border around the layout using red thread and the sewing machine. This is a simple but effective technique to create a border, add texture, interest, and to enhance the layouts with a more artistic and elegant look.


At the end, I added a few Tonic Studio Nuvo Drops in Red Berry, Dandelion Yellow, and Midnight Blue. The journaling was printed in white cardstock and cut in stripes. The font used is Typewriter Condensed Demi.


Thanks for your visit, I hope you enjoy this layout as much as I do and it inspires you to craft! Have wonderful day!





No comments