Fun in the Sun Layout

 Hi!

Last week I couldn't made the week 5 layout for Allison Davis 6"x6" paper pad class but here it is. It is a simple sketch that uses three triangles that, when arranged, make a 6" x 6" square of paper. For my page I made a few changes, so stay with me during this post to know all the details about this beautiful and colorful layout.

The papers and embellishments in this page are from Cocoa Vanilla Studio Sunkissed collection. This is a happy and beautiful collection that has great designs and colors, perfect for all summer and girly projects. 

I started the layout by choosing the three papers to form the square in the background. Then, I cut them as suggested in the class sketch and stitched a border around each of them, but instead of handstitched them, I used the sewing machine. Since I chose a white cardstock for the background, I decided to add some mixed media to add color and texture to the layout. This is the biggest change I made to the sketch.

The first step was to prep the cardstock with clear gesso. Then, add the teal color using Shimmerz Jeni B Blue and Well Blue Me Down. With the same colors, I did splatters and added a bit of Miner, Miner 49er for the gold touch. When all the paint was dried, I used a bubbles stencil by Paige Evans and a Golden Gel Mediums paste (Extra Heavy Gel Matte). I don't know if this product is still available, I bought it a lot of years ago and it is still working. I love that it is truly matte and dries clear for a subtle texture and detail on a busy page. 

When all the paint and stenciling had dried, I added the papers and the photos matted in white cardstock and a floral paper. After that, I added the flowers , which were fussy cut from one of the 12" x 12" papers in the collection. For some of them, I used foam adhesive for dimension. I also used some cardstock and puffy stickers, die cuts and wood buttons from the collection.

The title is from the same collection. They are in foam and full of gold glitter, making it look gorgeous. After all that, I wanted to change the sketch a bit more, which is when I decided to remove a piece of the white cardstock on the top and bottom and backed them with a piece of wood grain patterned paper. I distressed the edge of the white cardstock for texture and interest and I love how it look! Finally, I printed the journaling, cut it in thin stripes and added it to the layout in the suggested position by the sketch and added a few Nuvo Drops in Aquatic Mist.





That's all for this layout, thanks for staying with me 'til the end. I hope you enjoy and like this layout as much as I do and that it inspires you to craft. 



No comments