Happy Girl Layout

Hi

Hope you are having a great day! Today I'm sharing with you a layout I made using a doily cut file from Miss Kate Cuttables and papers from Photoplay. For this layout, I used a sketch by Page Maps June 2021 and made a few changes to adapt it to my style and photos.



The PhotoPlay Paper collection used is Tulla and Norbert's Sweet as Honey. This is my second layout with this collection, using photos of my baby with clothes in those colors. I have a bunch of photos already printed from that day, so you are going to see a few more pages with this collection and photo session. My daughter was not easy to photograph, so when she let me, I used to take a lot of photos. 


To change my usual white background, I decided to used a kraft cardstock this time because it coordinates perfectly with the collection. My first step was to choose the papers. For that, I selected the yellow for the big banner, the gray gingham behind the circle, the dotted black for the photo matting, and the wood grain bees for the circle. I tried the layout using the woodgrain circle only but I didn't like how it looks because the paper was lost in the page. This is when I decided to add a white doily circle behind the wood grain paper to enhance it and make the layout more interesting.

Since the woodgrain circle was already cut to 8" diameter, I needed the doily to be bigger. For that, I made an 8" circle in the Silhouette program, place it on top of the doily and adjust the size of the doily until the circle fits on it without covering the beautiful edges of the doily design. This is the reason my circle is bigger than the one in the sketch, it was not my original intention but I love how it looks.

Before adding the papers to the layout, I used the sewing machine to stitched a black border around the woodgrain circle. Then, I added all the papers to the layout and machine stitched two lines on top of the yellow paper. 

Now is time for the decorations. The first was adding a journaling card from one of the papers. I cut it a little bit to let the banner be seen. Then, I added the title using stickers from the collection with foam adhesive for the Happy and Thickers for the Girl. To embellish the page, I used stickers from the collection, some of them added with foam adhesive, and the big bee with the "Bee Happy" quote was fussy cut from one of the papers. The last detail added to the page were Nuvo Drops in Dandelion Yellow, Ebony Black, and Honey Gold. 

That's all for this cute layout, thank you for staying with me during this post. I hope this layout inspires you to craft and you like it as much as I do. 


No comments