You Are So Beautiful Layout

 Hi!

I'm back today at the blog with the layout for week 7 of Allison Davis sketch class using 6" x 6" paper pads. With this layout I'm up to date and tomorrow she'll be presenting the sketch for week 8. Hopefully I can stay on track with the class! I can't share the sketch with you because this is a paid class, but I'm sharing my version of  it. 

For this layout, I used the Echo Park Paper Little Dreamer Girl 6" x 6" paper pad for the banners and the stripes edge, but also used two of the 12" x 12" papers from the collection. The blue paper for the background and the floral paper that I used to fussy cut the flowers.


The original sketch was a little different. In the sketch, the banners' "v" edge were pointing towards the center of the page, but I placed them in the opposite direction, pointing towards the outer edge. Also, there was no patterned paper in the center of the sketch. As you can see, I changed it a little to make it work for my style.



To make this layout, I started by cutting all the banners and distressing the edges a little for texture. Then, I chose a blue gingham paper and placed it in the center of the page to help the photos stand out better and to eliminate a lot of white in the background. I added the papers and used a striped paper to create a border between the blue paper and the banners. This was something I added to my layout that was not in the original sketch.  When the papers were ready, I used the sewing machine to stitch a white border on the banners.


For the photos, I matted them with white cardstock and matted the left one in a solid color from the collection to help it stand out. After everything was ready, I started embellishing the layout and added the title.


For the title, I used foam words from Simple Stories in the "So Beautiful" part. The "you are" part was made using stickers from My Mind's Eye. The "sweet and sassy" banner is a puffy sticker from the collection.


To embellish the layout, I fussy cut flowers from the collection and made clusters in the layout. Some were added using foam adhesive and others with liquid adhesive.


Then, I added a few Nuvo Drops in Dadelion Yellow, Simply White, and Bubblegum Blush. I like using them because they add more texture and dimension to the layout.

That's all for this layout. I hope you like and enjoy this layout and it inspires you to craft. Thanks for your visit and for staying with me until the end. Have a wonderful day!



No comments