Your Smile is Amazing Layout

 Hi!

This week I took some time to work on the sketch class I'm taking with Allison Davis using 6" x 6" paper pads since I was two weeks behind. Today I'll be sharing two layouts with you. This first layout is week 6 of class. For this one, instead of using paper from a 6" x 6" pad, I used pieces of papers from an old Bella Blvd collection I had in my stash. I took these papers out a few weeks ago, thinking of making something with them soon or throw them away. I'm pretty happy that I was able to use them in this layout for my teenage daughter.

The sketch for this layout was a little bit different. The paper stripes were on the top of the layout instead on the side where I placed them and all the papers were the same width. I use papers of different widths and made the layout work for the products I wanted to use. As mentioned in previous posts, I can't share the sketch with you because this is a paid class that you can purchase at Scrapbook Generation, but I share my layout and explain it to give you a good idea of how I used the sketch. Since the papers are very colorful, I used a white cardstock as the background to help the photos stand out and maintain the embellishments to a minimum. 


I kept the photo and journaling placement  in the sketch. The only thing I rotated was the placement of the patterned papers. I did that because the photos I wanted to use were vertical but the papers had designs and quotes that are in landscape direction. As you may have heard a lot of time, a sketch is just a tool to help you get inspired and you don't have to follow it to a T.


As suggested in the sketch, I did some stitching in the papers area, but instead of doing hand stitching I used the sewing machine with black thread. Using black helps balance the layout since the photos have a lot of dark colors and there is black in the title too.


To create the title, I used stickers from different companies like American Crafts Thickers some in foam with glitter and others puffy. The quote sticker is from the same Bella Blvd collection but I can't remember the name of the collection. 


The layout was embellished using stickers from Bella Blvd, stars from the same Thickers used in the title, wood shapes from Elle's Studio and some wood hearts and stars I purchased in a local store some time ago.


The last touch was adding a few Nuvo Drops in Ebony Black and Aquatic Mist. I forget to tell you about the photo matting. I used white cardstock and a navy patterned paper from the collection to make them stand out since there was a lot of color in the layout.


Thanks for your visit and for staying with me during this post. I hope you like and enjoy this layout as much as I do. 



No comments