The Best Day Layout

 Hi!

Yesterday I had some time to craft and made this layout I'm sharing with you today. It is titled "Best Day Ever". Is a simple grid design using three small photos from our Disney vacation on 2016 where my mom went with us. This layout, is my version of week 4 class with Allison's Davis. Every week, she presents us a sketch to create a layout using 6" x 6" paper pads. I'm doing my best to stay in time with the class, and so far I have succeeded. Stay with me, so I can tell you how I made this layout!

As you can see, this is a simple layout, but it took me some time because I decided to use Disney related products and I have so many photos of our trips to the Magical place, that I can't decide which one to use. Once I had the photos, everything else was quick. The papers and embellishments used in this layout are basically all from the Echo Park Paper A Magical Place collection. Just a few pieces of the 2" x 2" squares are from other Echo Park collections like the yellow stripes and yellow stars papers. I used the 6" x 6" paper pad, chipboards, stickers book, puffy stickers, 12" x 12" sticker sheet, and the 12" x 12 coordinating solids.

I cut pieces of the papers to 2" x 2" and the top layer is a little bit smaller. I did this so the paper on the bottom can be seen a little bit more. When I had the papers cut out and decided their position, I machine stitched a white border around the top layer papers, except for the center piece, which I stitched a black border. After that, I added them to a piece of white cardstock to help them stand out and then mat the cardstock with a piece of red paper from the coordinating solids. To enhance the photo area, I machine stitched a black border around the white cardstock. 

After trying different patterned papers from the collection and solid cardstock, I decided to create my background using a fireworks stencil from Simple Stories and Nuvo Glacier Paste in Winter White for the silver ones. For the gold fireworks I mixed white modeling paste with gold mica powder. Doing the background was a little tricky because the Nuvo paste was a little messy with all the glitter and because it is not very thick, but at the end it worked out and looks really pretty in person. Sadly in the photos you can't appreciate the metallic and glittery look of it.

When the background was dried, I added the cardstocks with the photos and embellished the squares using items from the collection. The title was added with foam adhesive as well as the hearts, camera, and balloons. 

That's all for this layout, I hope you enjoy it and are inspired to craft! At this moment I'm working on a new layout and hopefully I can share it with you during this weekend, so come back soon for more inspiration. Have a wonderful day and thank you for your visit!




No comments