You Are Sweet As Honey Layout with Process Video

 Hi!

Hope you are having a great day! I'm very happy to share with you my latest layout. For this one, I did some mixed media and prepared a process video that you can find at the end of this post. This was a fun layout to make using products from different companies, playing with the title and using a full 4" x 6" photo of my fashionista baby.  I invite you to stay with me during this post, while I tell you how I made it, maybe you learn something new or get inspire.

The papers, colored hearts and bees used for this layout are from Photoplay Paper Tullia & Norbert's Sweet As Honey collection. This is a new collection they released and when I saw it, I knew it would be perfect for this photo (and many others I took of my baby that day). Also, for some sunflowers photos my teenage daughter took on 2019. This means, I'll be using this collection for a few layouts soon, since many of the photos are already printed. 

I started by matting the photo with white cardstock and a yellow patterned paper from the collection. Then, I made a frame out of the sunflower paper used in the background and saved the middle part for another projects. To enhance the layout, I matted the white cardstock with a black cardstock, leaving a thin border around it and machine stitched around the white cardstock using white thread. 

I love using white cardstock in my layouts, but I wanted to add some color to to this page. For that, I used Vicki Boutin Art Crayons in two different tones of yellow. The light one was diluted in water and used to paint the background, the darker one was used to create the honeycomb design using a Vicki Boutin stencil.


After that, I added the patterned papers to the layout. The edges of the wood grain paper were teared, also the right side edge of the gray gingham paper. A piece of black paper was added to continue with the palette in the collection and to create contrast in the layout. To enhance it, I added a lace border made with a Martha Stewart punch and in between the papers I added a border from the 12" x 12" sticker sheet. The white honey combs were cut using a die from Honey Bee Stamps that I think is no longer available.

The title was made using  different Thickers from American Crafts. The bees holding the banner were fussy cut from a sheet of paper from the collection, the words "You Are" were stamped using Staz-On jet black ink and a stamp by Elle's Studios. Using those different alphas bring more attention to the title and make it prettier. For dimension, the banner was added with foam adhesive, as well as the honey. 


The wood hearts are from Elle's Studio, except for the tiny ones that I had in my stash and don't know which company made them. The journaling was printed using the computer and white cardstock that I cut in thin stripes and adhere to the layout.


Another nice detail that I added to the layout were the photo corners on the top. I made them using a We R Memory Keepers punch. I love how cute they look!


At the end I did some paint splatters in gold and black using Shimmerz Miner, Miner 49er and Coal. This is basically the layout, you can see the process video here and remember to gibe it a like if you enjoy it or learn something, this way I know making the videos is worth the effort. Don't forget to subscribe to my channel for more inspiration!


Thanks for staying with me, I hope you like this layout as much as I do and you get inspired to craft!












No comments