Authentic Layout

Hello crafty friends! Rebeca here today to share with you a layout I made with the amazing Flea Market collection by Simple Stories. I have two daughters, and this collection is perfect to scrapbook photos of them. The colors in Flea Market are happy and bright, and the designs are very varied which makes it a must have for paper crafters! In this layout, I used photos of my daughter who is always making faces. I have to take at least 20 photos to choose maybe two or three, but that day I was in luck, and I chose three photos to make this beautiful layout. So, let me tell you how I made it and, if you prefer to watch the process video, you can find it at the end of this post.

In this layout you can see many colors and designs, but I only used a few patterned papers. From the 12" x 12" papers I used a 2" x 12" piece of the floral paper on the right. From the 6" x 8" paper pad I used a 3" x 8" piece of the striped paper and the teal plaid paper to mat the strip of photos. Then, from the 12" x 12" papers, I fuzzy cut the circles used in the clusters, the card with the journaling, and the yellow "Love This" quote.

To create the clusters, I used the floral die cuts from the collection and added foam tape behind some of them in strategic places to add dimension and interest.


I made three clusters around the layout to create a visual triangle. By doing this, I made a more cohesive design, and the viewer can look at it while moving from one point of the triangle (cluster) to the other. To maintain the balance, I used the same type of embellishments in all of them. You can see the stenciling, circles, flowers, brads, enamel dots, and paint splatters.


For the title, I used one of the foam stickers from Flea Market. For the journaling, I printed it on a card from one of the cut apart papers.


Adding small details to a project is a great way to enhance it. In this page, I used a small sticker on top of the photo to complement the cluster there. Also, I added a row of hearts sticker in the journaling, and the little camera in the left cluster.


Then, to finish the layout, I tore the right border of the white cardstock and backed it with a floral paper. This was a quick and fun layout to make. I love when this happens! The best part is that you can recreate this layout with any theme. For example, if you don't like flowers, you can use stars, hexagons or anything else!


If you want to see how I made this layout, check the process video here:


Thanks for your visit, I hope you like and enjoy this layout as much as I do, and it inspires you to craft!

No comments