Smile, Choose Joy Layout

Hello crafty friend! Recently, my daughter had her Senior Class's photos and since we were there, we seized the opportunity to take a few photos of her with her friends and a few family photos. For this layout, I used one of those photos to remember that special moment. To create this layout, I used the gorgeous My Story collection by Simple Stories. It is a beautiful layout, with lots of textures and dimension; just like I love them! If you want to know how I made it, stay with me during this post and don't forget to check the video at the end.

I printed the photo in 4" x 3" and used one of the chipboard frames from My Story. Then, I cut a piece of the teal grid paper in 5" x 7 1/2" and made the notebook edge on the bottom using a paper punch. The rolled papers vary in sizes from 7/8" to 1 1/2" in width. Once I had all the papers cut, I rolled one of the edges and adhere the papers, aligning them at the top. To roll the papers I used a wood stick, but if you don't have one, you can use a thin pencil or brush. I used the wood stick because I want to give the papers the rolled look without making them too bulky, so I can store the page in a protector.

When all the papers were ready, I started to embellish the layout using stickers, die cuts, chipboards, brads, foam stickers, enamel dots, and a tag with a bow made from crochet thread.

For the title, I used the word "Smile" and "Choose Joy" from the foam stickers pack. I love how pretty they are and their dimension. The butterfly is also from the same pack. The "tag" is a bookmark from one of the cut-apart papers. On the corner of the frame and the title I made a cluster using die cut flowers and embellished the large one with a decorative brad on the center.

I made a second cluster on the left side of the frame using die cuts from the different packs available in the collection and the red book is from the sticker book. Behind them, I placed foam tape strategically to give them dimension in some areas.

The third cluster to complete a visual triangle was made on top of the rolled papers. For this, I used a label from the sticker book. To give it more strength, I backed it with cardstock and cut around it. Then, I added the "grateful" sticker, a few die cut flowers and the chipboard bird.

Take a look at the process video to have a better idea of how I made this page.


I finished this layout with a few enamel dots in the cluster areas, I love adding them as a small but beautiful way to add more texture with the glossy finish and dimension since they are not flat!

Thanks for your visit and for staying with me during this post. I hope you like and enjoy this layout as much as I do, and it inspires you to craft!



No comments