Beautiful Layout

Hi! Last month, the Spring issue of Scrapbook and Cards Today Magazine was released and this layout I'm sharing with you was published on page 72. It is a very delicate and sweet layout I made for my youngest daughter using a precision knife and a few embellishments, so let's talk about how I made it!

Since the floral paper is so pretty, I wanted to use it as it is. For that, I used a precision (X-Acto) knife to cut around most of the design. I only left a few pieces intact to ensure the wreath didn't fall from the paper. After that, I added foam tape behind the wreath to give depth to the design. On the center, I added a 3 1/4" x 3 1/4" photo, matted in white cardstock and a piece of a pink and white striped paper. 


All the patterned papers used in this layout are from Pretty Little Studio. The pink cardstock on the background is from Simple Stories Color Vibe line. 


To embellish the photo area, I added a die cut scalloped border, hearts, butterflies, a tab, a phrase sticker, and the "Beautiful" title. Then I added a few embellishments to enhance the photo but left some white space around it. Since the baby is looking to the side, I thought that giving the rabbit some dimension with foam tape will give the feeling she is looking at it.


This is an easy layout and a great way to use those beautiful papers with big designs, especially wreaths.


On the left corner, I folded a piece of the patterned paper and secured it with mini staples. Before doing so, I added a tiny piece of heart vellum from Pretty Little Studio. In some areas of the edges, you can see a zig zag design, made using clear stickers from Pretty Little Studio as well. As a last detail on the layout, I tore a few edges around the layout for additional texture in the page.


Isn't this a cute and sweet layout? I love how easy it was to make, with just a few products.

Thanks for your visit, I hope you like this layout as much as I do and it inspires you to craft!

No comments