Say Cheese Layout

Hello! I love going to Disney with my family and then scrapbooking the photos of those memories. Today I'm sharing with you a layout I made from our 2022 visit. This time, I was inspired by a sketch designed by Allison Davis for the Scrapbook and Cards Today Magazine. I love how colorful this layout is and how it says "Disney" everywhere. The original sketch was a sunburst, perfect for a summer layout. When I saw it though, this idea came to my mind, so I executed it and I'm in love with the result. Now, let's talk about how I made this page.

The first thing I did for this layout, was substitute the circle with the mouse head silhouette. For that, I searched for an image and traced it using the Silhouette Cameo. From ear to ear it is approximately 10" wide and from the top of the ears to the bottom of the face it is approximately 8 1/2". I cut the mouse head shape on black cardstock and used a white cardstock as the background for the layout, to help the mouse shape and patterned papers stand out. Below you can see the original sketch.


Then, I chose two photos and printed them in 2 3/4" x 3 3/4", matted them in white cardstock and in a yellow stripe patterned paper. I used only two photos because I don't want to cover the ears, I want the shape to be seen and understood. After that, I cut the "rays" from different patterned papers and used a scalloped border punch to create blue, yellow and red border strips that I placed under some of the patterned papers. All the products used in this layout are from the Simple Stories Main Street collection, except for the "Main Street" die cut which is from one of their previous magical collections, but I can't remember which one.


On the top of the mouse head, I cut a red polka dot bow using thin dies that I had in my stash. I can't remember the manufacturer, but I think I bought them on Amazon. This is the perfect touch to enhance the mouse head shape. For more texture, I stitched the scalloped borders using white thread.


For the title, I used the foam stickers from the collection. This is one of my favorite products, they make life easier and the layout prettier!


On the sides of the title, I added a few embellishments, but not too many since the layout is busy with lots of colors and patterns. A chipboard castle is on the right side and a little cluster made with stickers, die cuts, and a puffy camera are on the left side.


A word sticker was added on top of the left photo and the "Main Street" die cut behind the right-side photo. The journaling was written on a die cut piece using a black pen. 


With that, I finished this layout that makes me happy when I see it, since I'm a Disney fan and a paper lover!

Thank you so much for your visit. I hope you like and enjoy this layout as much as I do!



No comments