You Make Me Smile Layout

Hello! Last year, my daughter's end-of-class party was summer themed. She was supposed to be dressed in summer clothes, but she is a fashionista and chose that outfit. Her sweet and lovely teacher took photos of her in the classroom, where she decorated a wall as a beach. She made some balloon columns and other stuff that looked pretty but too busy, but I reduced the photo to use three in this layout and made them the center of attention. Now, let's stop talking about that day and let's talk about how I made this layout.

As in most of my layouts, I used a white cardstock as the background. I like to do this especially when I'm using many colors together, to help balance them. The beautiful products used in this layout are all from Cocoa Vanilla Studio Sunkissed collection and the foam title is from Storyteller collection.

On the center of the layout, I added a piece of blue patterned paper in 7 1/2" x 7 1/2" and on top of it a cloud paper in 7 1/4" x 7 1/4". I stitched them together using white thread. Then, on top of both papers, I added a piece of teal paper in 10" x 1 3/8" and on top of it a thin strip of orange paper, which I stitched too.



For the title, I used a premade one from Storyteller collection, but I cut an oval from one of the 3" x 4" cards to use it as a mat. Then added a piece of yellow paper behind it to coordinate with the photos. To embellish the area, I added a few die cuts and foam stickers, using foam tape behind some of them for dimension.
 

On the top area, I added a strip of rainbows that I fussy cut from one of the papers. Also, I added a few flowers that were also fussy cut from another paper.


To enhance the photos, I matted them on a piece of yellow paper that measures 2 1/2" x 3 1/4".


The journaling was printed in white cardstock and cut into strips before adding it to the layout. I made a small floral cluster on the right side to balance the layout. This time, the flowers are die cuts and the tiny blue and pink ones were fuzzy cut from the floral paper on the collection. The tiny hearts are puffy stickers.


In the end, I reduced the white cardstock to 11" x 11" and matted it with the pink hearts paper. By doing this, the look of the layout changes completely, giving it a more artistic look. With this, I finished this layout that is very simple, but beautiful, and can be adapted to any theme.


Thanks for visiting my blog, I hope you like this layout, and it inspires you to craft!


No comments