Alice in Wonderland Layout

Hello crafty friends! Hope you are having a wonderful Sunday. I'm doing a lot of things at home but took some time to share with you this layout I made as a June guest designer for Peartree Cutfiles. It's been a long time since I used a cutfile in my pages, but I love them, and Marie's designs are amazing. Don't forget to visit her shop, I'm sure you are going to find something you love! In this layout, I'm using the "Time to Bloom" cutfile. Isn't it gorgeous and perfect for projects about dad, Alice in Wonderland, a special date, and so much more? Let's show you some close-up photos of the layout while I explain how I made it.

When I saw this cutfile, I immediately thought about those photos of Alice in Disney. I started by cutting the file in white textured American Crafts cardstock using my Silhouette Cameo. The settings I used were: Blade Depth in 4, Depth in 29 or 30 and Speed in 2. Remember to check your blade, it must be in good shape and the mat needs to be sticky and clean to hold the cardstock well. 



Once it was cut and cleaned, I backed the cutfile using papers from Echo Park's Alice in Wonderland collection. In the center I used a pink paper from the collection, but I added a piece of vellum first to make it more subtle.  In the center of the flowers, I added jewels (like half pearls) from Pinkfresh Studio.


On the back of the cutfile, I added foam tape to give it dimension since the background is also a white cardstock.


Since this is a big cutfile that basically covers half of the layout, I added a 1" x 12" strip of paper on the bottom and a pink scalloped border made with patterned paper from the collection and a paper punch. I also added a few butterflies around the cutfile, some are stickers and others were fussy cut from one of the papers.


For the title, I used silver Thickers from American Crafts to write "Alice in", and foam letters from Pinkfresh Studio to write "Wonderland".


The photos are 2 1/2" x 3 1/2". I matted them on the same pink paper I used for the center of the watch. Then, to add a little more patterned paper to the layout and to give the photos a place to rest, I added the blue dots and stripes papers. With these papers, I helped the photos stand out since Alice is wearing her blue dress.


On top of the photos, I added a floral sticker from the collection, which I cut to fit behind the photos, and used the other part behind the "Curioser" label on the bottom left side of the layout. I added foam tape behind most of the embellishments to give them dimension.


Finally, I printed the journaling in smooth, white cardstock and cut it in strips that I added below the title. With this, I finished this elegant page about a trip to Disney in 2016. 



Thanks for your visit, I hope you like and enjoy this layout as much as I do, and it inspires you to craft! Come back soon for more inspiration!



No comments