Us Layout

 Hi! My daughter is always making funny faces for the camera, she enjoys doing this so much that sometimes we join her. This layout is about some of these photos with daddy while waiting in a restaurant. I love how happy and funny they look so I had to scrapbook them. To create this layout, I used the new Color Vibes Woods and Boho collections by Simple Stories. It was a challenge to create a layout without patterned papers as I usually do, but it was fun, and I love how the photos match perfectly with the colors and stand out in the page. Now, let me tell you how I made this layout and if you want to see me creating it, don't miss the process video at the end.

In this layout, most of the papers are from the Wood Color Vibe. These papers are beautiful with different wood textures and tones, and on the B side they have designs that look like school papers, perfect for backgrounds and for journaling. To give the layout contrasting colors and neater look, I matted it on a burgundy cardstock from the Boho Color Vibes and stitched a border around it using a similarly colored thread.


Since this is a layout about my husband, I distressed the edges of the papers to give it a rough and masculine aspect. To embellish it, I used the flowers from Boho and Woods Color Vibes collections. I layered them, pinching the petals for dimension. The letters in the title are from the Color Vibes foam alphas. For a nice finishing touch, I added buttons and enamel dots to the center of the flowers. I covered the holes in the buttons using crochet thread.


The pink banner papers are cardstock from the Boho Color Vibes. The colors in the Boho collection are gorgeous. They can be used alone or with patterned papers from other coordinating collections.


To help the photos stand out, I left a white border around them and matted them in a dark wood paper. At the end I added a few chipboard hearts around the layout because this page is all about their love!


That's all for this layout. I love it so much and I hope you like it too and it inspires you to craft!


If you want to watch me creating this layout, check the process video here:


Thank you so much for your visit! Come back soon for more inspiration!


No comments