Magical Adventure Layout

Hello crafty friends! Today I'm sharing a layout made with the gorgeous Simple Vintage Essentials collection by Simple Stories. When I first saw this collection, I fell in love with its subtle, vintage look. Its neutral colors make it extremely versatile and allow you to combine it with other collections too. I love everything about this collection and I'm very excited to share this project with you!

In this layout, I used a variety of products from the Simple Vintage Essentials collection to create dimension and to add textures. I started with the gray paper, which already had a cluster printed on the left corner. To enhance it, I used a precision knife and cut in some areas, then I added foam tape to give them dimension and make the cluster look more realistic, instead of printed. To continue with the cluster look, I decided to make a big one in the top area, where the photos would be. I used papers from the 6" x 8" pad to mat the photos and tore the bottom edge in some of them. I also distressed the edges of the papers for more texture. 

 

For the title, I used one of my favorite products: the foam stickers. They are so pretty and add the perfect dimension to the projects! In this layout, I used two different packs of foam stickers: the titles and the type keys.

After adding all the papers, I started embellishing the photo area. For that I used die cuts, chipboards (clip and label/word), washi tapes, and rub-ons. All the embellishments in this collection are so pretty, I wanted to use all of them!


On the printed cluster I added a few word stickers from the 6" x 8" sticker book and rub-ons, to create the phrase "wonderful you + me memories". Then, to finish the look I added a few die cuts, a bee rub-on, and washi tape. 

Finally, I reduced the gray paper to 11 1/2" x 11 1/2" and matted it with the black notebook paper in the collection. For more texture and to secure the papers together, I stitched a white border around it. 

This was a fun layout I made for my daughter to document this special moment she had with her dad while riding that roller coaster together for the first time. If you want to see how I made this layout, check the process video here:


Thanks for your visit! I hope you like and enjoy this layout as much as I do, and it inspires you to craft! 



No comments