Jarana Layout

Hello! Has it happened to you, that you are making a layout but an idea for another layout comes to your mind? Well, this is what happened to me. I was making the previous layout I shared in the blog when the idea for this layout came to me using the Color Vibes Boho and Woods by Simple Stories. Let me show you a few photos of the layout and explain how I made it, but if you want to watch me creating it, take a look into the video at the end.


After printing the photo for the layout, I matted it using a burgundy cardstock form the Boho Color Vibes and a wood paper from The Woods Color Vibes. I distressed the edges of the papers for additional texture. For the background I used a wood paper and arranged four pieces of cardstock from the Boho collection on top. Before adding the papers, I tore one of the edges and distressed it.


In this layout, I wanted to make a partial wreath, leaving an empty space on the left. To create the circle, I placed flowers around the photos. The flowers are all from the Boho floral pack. I layered the flowers by size, going from largest to smallest. Between the layers I used thin, dimensional glue dots. 
 

To finish the flowers, I added buttons or enamels dots to the center. Since I don't like having the buttons naked, I covered the holes using crochet thread.


On the beginning and end of the wreath I used green branches, the big ones. To balance the colors and the design, I used more green leaves around the wreath. For the title, I used stickers from the Color Vibe Boho Stickers Book. The pink label is a piece of chipboard and on top I added stickers to document the date.


The three frames and hearts around the wreath are all chipboards form the Boho Color Vibes collection.


This is a simple but elegant layout I made for my daughter to document the "jarana" dance which is a party for Seniors. Here in Puerto Rico, seniors have a few parties and activities after the graduation. This party is less formal than the prom. I had fun making this layout and I'm very happy with the result. I love all those flowers around her, they bring a smile to my face because she looked amazing with the dress, and they enhanced the photo. It was a happy day for her!


Let's take a look here to the process video for this layout, I hope you like it, and it inspires you to craft!


Thanks for your visit and have a wonderful day!



No comments